Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 2 : March Release

Hello again everyone!  Wasn't yesterday great?  Well, it's time for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 2!  Today, the Design Team is showcasing the super fun new stamp set called "Do The Cocoa Motion".

So I'm back to making a bouquet . . . but this one is different . . . it's a chocolate bouquet!  Who wouldn't love that?!?


The cute little bowl/vase is only $1 at Michaels!!!  The pretty little bow is made from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon. On the inside of the bowl is some crinkled paper filler.  I also threw some Hershey's Kisses in there too!!!  ;)    


The flowers are cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge. It's the #5 flower on the back cover of the cartridge.  All of the papers are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender paper stack.  Here are some close up shots:


For each flower, I changed up the patterned papers for each layer so they would all be a little different.  I also inked up all the edges of the petals with brown ~ Color Box ink.  For the cream colored layer in each flower, I used the My Creative Time ~ Script Type Backgrounds stamp set to stamp the script pattern with Memento ~ Rich Cocoa ink.


For the leaves on each of the flowers, I cut some tiny pieces of Celebrate It ~ Holiday ribbon.  It is so gorgeous up close - beautiful gold, copper and bronze colors!!!


And the best part . . . at the center of each flower is a chocolate Hershey's Kiss with Almonds.  Mmmmmmm....


At the bottom center of the bouquet is this fun little sentiment. It's actually a combination of two different sentiments.  Both sentiments are from the new My Creative Time ~ Do The Cocoa Motion stamp set.  The first sentiment says "The only thing better than a good friend, is a good friend with hot cocoa".  To fit my fun little chocolate bouquet, I taped off the "hot chocolate" and instead added just "Chocolate" from the sentiment that says "A little Chocolate now & then doesn't hurt!"  Hope that makes sense.  If you've never tried altering your stamps, give it a go - it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.


Here is more of a side view.  Hopefully you can see the little chocolate kisses inside the bowl.  Mmmmmmmm!!!!  You can click on the picture to see it a little bigger.


I think this would be so fun for someone who is in the hospital or needs a little 'pick me up'.  So much better than real flowers if you ask me...lol!

******************************
SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!!

With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs.  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have!  Le us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page HERE that you did so!  OR you can just tag Emma in your post.

Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Friday, March 16th during the blog hop release happening @ 12:01 am PST in her video.  GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now & let's start spreading the word!
******************************

Well, that's it for Day 2 of Sneak Peek Week.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And don't forget to leave comments along the way for your chance to win!  I will see you all back here tomorrow.    ;)


57 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

They look so yummy!! Great job, love the "kiss" in the centre of the flowers!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Short Scrapper said...

How creative! Love it!

Joan Smith said...

Oh my how clever..love the kisses in the center of the flowers. You are one talented gal! TFS

Scrappy Zeni said...

What a super creative idea! I love the colors you used and the even that you used the background stamp as one of the petals. The hershey's kiss was the icing on the cake! TFS!

Zeni

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

OMG Love it!! Awesome project idea...love all those kisses!!
croptilludrop23@gmail.com

jessica said...

What an awesome project! You always create one of a kinds and I love it!!!
TFS
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, who would not LOVE to receive a CHOCOLATE bouquet??? Adorable!!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OH my how DARLING is this! Almost a guilt free "Chocolate" bouquet! I LOVE it! It turned out so CUTE and PRETTY! What a CLEVER idea to put the kisses in the center of the flowers! LOVE IT!

sarah said...

this sooooooo cute!!!luv the flowers..
Texasgrama7@gmail.com

Beatrice Lawson said...

No one ever thinks to give me a little chocolate bouquet like that, but seeing your sweet creation makes up for it!

Rosie said...

adorable!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

LaVargas said...

Mmmmmmmm another yummy creation. I am so excited to be getting this bundle.

Cindy said...

Oh my...so clever Cassandra.I love your idea with the hershey center!!! So awesome! I would looove to get a bouquet like this!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Marlene said...

I love this idea! And, I may even have that paper pack :)I love Emma and her design team, such a wonderful bunch of talented people.

UnikeByYes said...

Cassandra I am loving this project, you really know how to make this flowers come to live, I agree with you, they are better than real ones, hehe, you can have a little spring every day of the year with this! ;) and the chocolate touch yum! TFS yet another fabulous project, have a great day!
Liz
unikebyyes { at } yahoo {dot} com

Christine said...

I'd definitely eat the chocolate centers...then try to 'stuff' them with something so they look like I haven't ate them LOL TFS great job.
--C

DebC said...

This is a super cute gift for a friend!! I love all the chocolate tones in the flowers and the hershey kisses are an excellent addition to your project! Thanks for sharing!
Deb C
dsc105@live.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I love that you changed the layer papers for each flower and that you stamped the script. The leaves are beautiful with that ribbon and it brings out the foil on the flower kisses. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

This is Super Awesome girlfriend. I wish I could grab it right off the screen. Smooches... Felicia

missstamper said...

Great bouquet! It would make such a thoughtful gift!

Maureen Reiss said...

These flowers are gorgeous!!! Love it!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Aww Cassandra this would be a great pick me up. Love that you used kiss this is so cute. Thanks for sharing AJ!
jeria22@yahoo.com

CathyinMN said...

Beautiful bouquet! And with chocolate, too! What a treat! TFS!

Brenda said...

OMGosh I love this chocolate bouquet!! What a perfect gift for someone!!! Beautiful!!

lindagk23 said...

OMGOSH! I just love this! What an adorable chocolate bouquet! You did an awesome job! lindagk23ataoldotcom

Jessica said...

Cassandra,
What a great project...those chocolate flowers are just too cute :) Thanks for sharing.
Jessica
jrparlier@gmail.com

Lisa Rea said...

I LOVE the new MCT Cocoa Motion stamp set. I have two stamp sets and one die set alreayd from MCT so lookign forward to adding to my collection! Thanks for everything you gals do!

lisa.rea@kbmg.com
http://scrappydistractions.blogspot.com/

marg0006 said...

Sorry I started on day2 and in my confusion I wrote the comment for this post on day one. So I'll post day1 here.
So pretty. I like how you matched the embellies with each tea pot.

marg0006@verizon.net

cdm317 said...

That is fabulous!

Glora said...

YUMMY!!!! And beautiful too!!!! I love the sweet golden and chocolate colors you went with. It is absolutely perfect and would definitely make someones day! Hugs- Glora

Kim's Kreations said...

WOW! what a great gift this would make for a chocoholic. The flowers are lovely, like the way you used the stamps. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful idea.
ogdendoll@gmail.com

bird said...

Beautiful and I just love the colors.

CA Scrapper said...

So pretty and clever!

Leslie

Jeri said...

What a fabulous creation. How can you go wrong if you add some chocolate? This is a great little gift for someone under the weather. It'd make a great teacher gift, too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sue D said...

Very clever idea!

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

oh so yummy! Love those chocolate flowers. How creative! I agree these are totally better than real flowers.

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Fabulous project, I love the flowers they are just amazing!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Karen L said...

LOVE your chocolate bouquet!! Yummy colors!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is wonderful Cassandra!!! Who wouldn't want a chocolate bouquet?
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Great bouquet!! Flowers are so pretty!
Kelly bloss4@sbcglobal.net

Crafting Butterfly Creations said...

Adorable! Love all the inspiration!

tina said...

What a great idea!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

lisa808 said...

Pretty & yummy!!!

cricutharper said...

Love your bouquet. So cute and the colors are fabulous. Way to showcase this set. A good idea I can tuck away for a future event. Thanks so much.

Marianne said...

Such awesome ideas...and i can see what i'd like to do with a card...thanks for sharing.

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

Crafting With Courtney said...

Super adorable

Cindy said...

OMG Your flowers are just GORGEOUS!FANTASTIC job with your pretty project!AMAZING:)

Carolyn said...

This is beautiful. I love te colors of the brown. I am going to try this

Scrappin with the bug said...

very pretty - love the flowers too cute. Great job.

Nancy said...

I also love doing paper flowers and arrangements. The brown and chocolate are adorable.

kandijo said...

Love the flowers. Great idea. TFS

kandi_8@hotmail.com

Cathi said...

What a great idea! These would make great centerpieces for an upcoming party we're giving for a relative!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie said...

Absolutely LOVE this, so cute.

Debbie B.
debbiebutcher at comcast dot net

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

This is really beautiful. It would be pretty on any table.
lbaylor77@yahoo.com

Got2BCrafting said...

Now these are MY kind of flowers!! :) This is really gorgeous Cassandra... I love all the different shades and patterns of brown, plus CHOCOLATE!!
Hugs,
Lori

soccermom23 said...

You have done amazing work! This would make a great gift. Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I make one of my own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...