Friday, March 16, 2012

My Creative Time ~ March Stamp Release - BLOG HOP !!

Hello everyone!  What a super fun Sneak Peek Week!  Isn't this such a cute release???  There's a little something for everyone - coffee, tea or hot chocolate - I just love it!!  Well, now it's time for the best part . . . the BLOG HOP!!!  If you came here from the super talented Amy's blog, then you are in the right place.  In not, then make sure you go back to My Creative Time so that you can start at the beginning with Emma.  You don't want to miss a thing! 

For my project today, I am showcasing the new My Creative Time ~ Tea Party stamp set.  And this time, I wanted to show you something completely different so that you can see how versatile this set can be:


Ok, so I'm back to my favorite rainbows  :)  they are just so cheerful - I love it!  Anyway, the white, the black and the gray cardstock are from Recollections.  If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the gray background piece with the Polka Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


The cute little cupcake or muffin stamp is from the new My Creative Time ~ Tea Party stamp set.  The super fun candle embellishments are from Jolee's Boutique.  Aren't they so fun?? I just had to get them.  They are the perfect size for my little cupcakes here.  I colored in the chocolate frosting for the cupcakes with Prismacolor ~ Pencils and then blended it with Odorless Mineral Spirits for a smoother look.


The perfect "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Polka Dot "Surprise" stamp set.  The polka dots in the "Happy" match perfectly with the embossed background!!  Love it!  (to get a closer look - click on the picture to enlarge it)  All the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  

For the rainbow in the center, I simply used Prismacolor ~ pencils and then blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits again for that smoother look.  I just love doing that...looks almost like watercolors rather than pencils and it's really easy to do..so give it a try.  I got my OMS at Walmart for pretty cheap. And you will find it in the paint section of the store, not the crafts section.  Hope that helps.  :)


If you look closely at the little white squares, you can see that I inked the edges with the different colors of the rainbow to match the particular candle.  All of the inks are Technique Tuesday.  Also, I used some pop dots behind the squares as well for some extra dimension.


Well my creative friends, I hope you enjoyed this bright and cheerful birthday card.  And just in case you happen to be one of those people who don't really drink coffee, tea or hot chocolate, I wanted you to see a different look with these stamps.  Once again . . . this release is a MUST HAVE!!!  Emma so totally ROCKS doesn't she?!?!   :)

*****GIVEAWAY ALERT*****
For our Blog Hop giveaway, each one of us will be giving away a brand new release Echo Park 6x6 paper pad!  All you have to do is leave a comment here along with the rest of the Design Team's blogs AND also leave a way for me to contact you.  Each Designer will be using 'random.org' to pick the lucky winner.  Emma and each Designer will announce the winners on their blogs on Wednesday, March 21.  So remember that you have  "16" chances to win!  All you have to do is leave a comment on all the blogs in this hop for more chances to win!  The deadline is Sunday, March 18th at midnight. EASY PEASY!!  GOOD LUCK!!!    :)
******************************

Ok everyone, that wraps up the My Creative Time ~ March Stamp Release.  Here are all the sets in this release:






I hope you have enjoyed all of the Sneak Peeks this week with this super fun new release.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  So let's get hopping!  Your next stop in the hop is Cathryn, but here is the entire lineup in case you get lost along the way.  

Cassandra (you are here)

HAPPY HOPPING and HAPPY SHOPPING!  If you already ordered your set, make sure you join us for the Link Up "Par-Tea" over at My Creative Time!!  We would love to see what you are creating!!!  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you again soon....    :)

91 comments :

UnikeByYes said...

Cassandra your card is adorable!!! I totally love the coloring. I agree Emma rocks! this is another great release!
Have a great day!
liz
unikebyyes{at}yahoo{dot}com

Creative Diva said...

What a fun card. Love the colors.Im a new follower.

Thanks for the chance to win.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
creativediva98 at gmail dot com

Selina said...

Such a bright and fun card.

Thanks for the chance to win this awesome prize!

Hugs
Selina
papercraftswithfunnflair.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is colorful!! I love all the details in it, those candles are super fun!! Thanks for the chance to win!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

pruttybird said...

Love this card. Gonna go look for those candles today :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Short Scrapper said...

thanks for showing the versatility with this set! Love it!

Melissa said...

Cute cute cute, great job!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Fun card...love it!! Love all the details.
croptilludrop23@gmail.com

Joan Smith said...

I luv your cupcakes...so stinkin' cute!! Oh my in fact I want one right now...yummmmmy!! What a great idea for a card...WOW!!

Lisa said...

What an adorable card, love the rainbow and those candles are so cute.

Crafting Katie said...

Your card is adorable, Cassandra! I love how you think out of the box - so clever!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ WOW! I LOVE the layout of you card! I also ADORE the colors and how you did the prisma pencils! You make my day because it is so CHEERFUL to come over here! Makes me happt every time!

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is one cool card! Thanks for showing how to use those stamps another way, love it.

Leslie

cascrapper at gmail dot com

Tracy said...

What a fun card! I love the rainbow!

Tracy
owlbecraftin at gmail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Your little cupcakes are super cute. Great card and love the dimension!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

Wow! I just LOVE your colorful card! I have never tried the prismacolor pencils...but you have made me think I NEED some! Great job Cassandra, love that you used the sets in a totally different way! :)

Scrappin with the bug said...

Very very pretty. I love the rainbow colors so bright and cheery. Great idea.

THanks,

Terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Cute.
marilyn2222 @ hotmail.com

LindaV said...

Another fun work of art. So bright and cheery.

Anonymous said...

I just love all the colors you used on your card. Very pretty

Sue - yahpahsbud@yahoo.com

lovetoscrap101 said...

Cassandra, I just love this card. Love the little muffin/cupcakes with the sparkly candles. I love rainbow look as well. Super cute card. Thanks for the chance to win.
kara@stovall1.com

Julie L. said...

Very cute card. Love the colors!

Julie L.
jlearned at charter dot net

Regina said...

Great card and love the rainbow. Regina

DebC said...

Super cute with the candy in the cupcake. Thanks for sharing.
Deb C
dsc105@live.com

Liz said...

adorable card, Love the little candles too, great idea

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com
lizabratt@comcast.net

Craft Me This said...

Beautiful fun project. Love all the different colors and textures.

Barbara
craftmethis@gmail.com

missstamper said...

Super cute! I love your trademark rainbow of colors on the card!

missstamper@yahoo.com

Beckie said...

Love ur card. Fab rainbow ;0) New follower.

Be blessed Beckie
beckie_woodall@yahoo.com

Sue D said...

very cute. I like the rainbow colors and the polka dot background.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Gloria said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

TFS
GLORIA
esquivel865@yahoo.com

lindagk23 said...

Beautiful card! I love all the details and loved the rainbow background! Gorgeous! You did an awesome job on all your projects! Have a wonderful day!
lindagk23ataoldotcom

Amy C said...

What a happy card!! I love the fun cupcakes and candles. My daughters birthday is tomorrow and I know she would love this. ♥

carpediem said...

very nice card! great job! laura j

ljseki at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Great idea to make cupcakes - who doesn't love cupcakes! Super cute!
herzigfam@yahoo.com
Noelle

Gina said...

Love this card! The rainbow is beautiful
babi96 at aol dot com

Pat N. said...

Adorable card; thanks for pointing out all your details. Very nice!!--Pat N.

Momof4inArlington said...

You did a great job stretching this set. Those candles are too cute! Thanks for the opportunity to win!
rjtlkmorris1@gmail.com

Karen L said...

Oh my, this card is adorable! love all the little cupcakes and the rainbow of colors!
kladd94803 at aol dot com

jessica said...

this is beautiful!! love the rainbow colors!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

quilt4fun2 said...

What a beautiful Birthday Card! I love your rainbows and so cool you found the rainbow candles that were the right size too. I can see why you had to get those!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

I totally thought that muffin would make a perfect birthday cupcake. AWESOME job. It turned out terrific. I love those little candles stickers too! Hugs- Glora

Kim's Kreations said...

Great way to use the stamp set. Love all the little details and the rainbow is cheerful. I agree Emma's stamp sets are awesome.
ogdendoll@gmail.com

My Creative Time said...

I LOVED how you showcased this so differently! Just AMAZING my sweet friend! THANK YOU for being a part of my team & for ALL you do!
Big HUGE HUGS!
Luv Ya!
Emma:)

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Great card, definitely a different way to showcase the stamps. Thanks for sharing...

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Shelly said...

What a GREAT card, this release is SUPER awesome and I just LOVE that you showcased this in another way! You're fabulous!
Have a GREAT day!
Shelly

Crystal said...

An adorable card! Thanks for highlighting a stamp other than the coffee mug; it helps me to see the versatility of the set so I can rationalize getting it!!

Srappin Owl said...

Super cute! Love all the colors! xx
Karina

Bethany Becker said...

I love the colors on your card. So creative. Thanks for sharing!

BLW1003 at gmail dot com

Frank-LEE aka (SITM) said...

What a great take on the use of those stamps. I love how you went a totally different route with the set. Love this card Girl. Smooches... Felicia

hopefulcrafter said...

I just love your card and all the great color to it. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa said...

Fabulous job! The cupcakes are adorable! Yes, this release is awesome!!!

-Theresa
http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

this card is so beautiful and fun!! love the rainbow colors!:)

Cindylop said...

Beautiful card!

Cindy Lopez
Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

What a fun and colorful card.


Sew Sweet N Crafty

You can contact me at:
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

promisefaith said...

Very unique and cute idea. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Trish

VICTORIA said...

your card is so cute and colorful!!!

Kate said...

This is so cute. I love the colors on your card.

Hugs,
Kate

Maureen Reiss said...

Very cute card!!! Love the rainbow!!

Suzanne said...

BEAUTIFUL Card Cassandra! Love the cute little cupcakes and the colors are so gorgeous...they do look like watercolors. Thanks for sharing your fabulous projects throughout the week :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Shar said...

What a cute idea using the muffin for a cupcake. Perk-fection! hee hee

Kris said...

FABulous card! I love all the details you give on how you made it too!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

purpleglo said...

Your card is so cute!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Would love to win the stamps. They are so much fun!! Gloria

marg0006 said...

Cute card.

marg0006@verizon.net

Angela W. said...

What a brilliant card!! I love the colors!! Thanks for sharing!
Angela
gypsydreamdesigns.blogspot.com

kristyscraps said...

Great card showing the versatility of the new stamps.
kristyscraps@sbcglobal.net

Denise said...

Very cute. thanks for sharing

Laurie H. said...

This is really a great card. Thanks for sharing. Would love to win the giveaway!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Ya Rainbows are cheerful! I love that you made the muffin a cupcake. Very great idea. TFS AJ!
jeria22@yahoo.com

tina said...

I love this card.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Paper Deckerations said...

Super cute card! LOVE all of the colors! It just looks so cheerful!
Jessica
paperdeckerations at gmail dot com
paperdeckerations.blogspot.com

Monica said...

This blog hop is so fun...great ideas ladies.

Brenda said...

Oh my word, I love how you took the muffin stamp and made it into a cupcake!! Your card is awesome and I love the rainbow colors!!

Katiebird said...

what a creative use of this stamp set! ***applauds!***

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh my how your card makes me happy! i love the bright colors and all of the candles! Thanks so much!
Lisa
lisascreativeniche @gmail.com

Ruth G said...

Cute! Fun way to use this tea time collection! TFS! rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

lmkindell1 said...

What a great card I love it.

linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net
lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

JHolliday said...

Very nice card. Love the way you did the candles!!

June
holliday125@yahoo.com

Nicole said...

Great card love the colors.
Sweetdesignzz@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

Love the difference in design. The card is awesome, I love love love colors!

Lady Fair said...

Love the rainbow you created with pencils, beautiful.

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Christine said...

Loved that you used the cupcake for a bday card. Showing many uses for this stamp set. Very inspiring!!! :-) TFS
--C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com

Cindy said...

This card is SO beautiful,Cassandra!! I love the colors...so pretty!! I just love how you used Emma's stamps! :)

Irasema said...

I love this blog hop. So much talent!

amesari88athotmaildotcome

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Cute, cute card Cassandra!!!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Wendydotroos2boys@gmaildotcom

Darlene said...

You are very talented. Love the cards.
Darlene
dnanni4129@gmail.com

bumblebee creations said...

love your card-so colorful!
rhondazmikly@sbcglobal.net

Kimberly said...

love the colours in your card :)

cricutharper said...

Love your card. It's so cute and what an awesome way to showcase the new release for those who don't want to make coffee or cocoa cards. Great design as well.

Anonymous said...

Cassandra
what a cute card you made thank for the chance to win
valerie
varguelles50@att.net

anne said...

That's a fabulous card! Love it!

Georgi Girl said...

Great birthday card. Your rainbow is so beautiful! TFS

Hugs,
Georgi

georgifelixatverizondotnet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...