Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project . . . anything besides a card or layout.  

So I made another bouquet...lol.  I really need to branch out and try something new soon - maybe next week.   ;)   But I actually made this for my mother's birthday this week.  She is a movie nut and sees just about every movie that comes out . . . so movie gift cards are always a hit.


How fun!!!  She's gonna love this!!!  For the popcorn holder, I used the Best Friends ~ Cricut Imagine cartridge for the pattern paper and the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More ~ Cricut cartridge to cut the container.  The fun bow is made with Basic-Basic ~ ribbon from Michaels.  And yes . . . inside the holder is real popcorn!!!


Here is the fun gift card to my mom's favorite movie theater. In the upper left of the picture, you can see that I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The paper for the scallop shape is from the Doodlebug Designs ~ Petite Prints collection.  The circle shape is just white ~ Georgia Pacific cardstock.  The fun Happy Birthday sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.  And in the center, I added one of those cute Jolee's Boutique ~ birthday candle stickers.


To highlight my mom's birthday, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.  I must say that I think this is my favorite MCT product . . . you can use it for absolutely any special day or occasion.  It's just perfect!  In the bottom right corner, you can see that I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies again.  The paper is the same as before.  The sentiment and the numbers also come from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink and Memento ~ Ladybug red ink.


So fun don't ya think?  The funny part is . . . my husband thought this was the cutest idea when I described it to him so he ran to the store to buy the popcorn for me.  Then he popped it up and I went to get a few scoops and I noticed that he had bought the "movie theater" style popcorn.  If any of you have ever had that, you know it's absolutely dripping in greasy butter.  :(   He must have seen the look on my face - I felt so bad.  And then I explained to him how it would ruin the paper and make it all greasy.  He was soooo bummed.  But, as Emma always says "There are no mistakes in paper crafting!"   LOL  so we ate the whole batch and went and bought a different kind later in the day...hee hee.  Hey, at least it wasn't a big bowl of chocolate!!!  ;)


Well, that's my "3-D Wednesday" project.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what Emma and the rest of the Design Team have created.  And if you have time, stop back by later today . . . I'm gonna have another post for you all!  Have a great day!

13 comments :

Josie0602 said...

So cute Cassandra!! I love that you put real popcorn in the little box!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Christine said...

This is SO super cute. Your mom is gonna love it!
TFS --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ First this whole idea is BRILLIANT! I LOVE it! Your Mom is too! What fun papers and the use of all of Emma's dies! Second ~ isn't your hubby the sweetest! The best is you guys got to eat the popcorn! Great idea!

L.B. said...

I love your bouquets so no worries. this is super fun and a great gift!

tracym110 said...

What a fun fun gift idea!! I never get tired of your bouquets!! Each one is always so different and so creative!! Im gonna have to steal your idea one of these days! lol! :) Great job!
Tracy

Glora said...

So cute!!!! I bet she LOVED it! And I LOVE your bouquets. Keep making them! They rock! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Very cute Cassandra. I know your Mom will love it. If not, send it my way (lol) Smooches... Felicia

missstamper said...

What a great card! How sweet of your husband to try to help!

LindaV said...

I love your bouquets!!! I think this one is a winner. As a movie nut myself, I know it will be well received.

Nancy said...

OMG your hubby is too cute!!! I think mine would be like, who cares if its greasy~lol..Love this idea for a movie gift card Cassandra! Great job! hugs

Nancy

Cathryn said...

Adorable!! What a great gift! Poor hubby! He was so nice to run out for you! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Marianne said...

i wish you had said a little more about your popcorn holder...it's hard to see just what you did. Very super cool idea! Thank you for sharing

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Mom will love her gift...it turned out great. So nice your husband wanted to help and bought and made the popcorn! Great story :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...