Friday, March 2, 2012

IN LOVING MEMORY...

Rest In Peace ~ Mr. James B. Walton.  Hello everyone. Today I have a simple post for you.  It's the 1yr anniversary of the death of my best friend's father.  On Wednesday, I showed you the little memorial bouquet that I made for her mother. Today, I want to share with you what I made for my bff.  It's a card, but I also made it in a way for her to display.  This is one of her favorite photos of her dad...


The card base is from Recollections.  The brown polka dot pattern paper behind the photo is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender paper stack.


For this beautiful little calendar, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.  The paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender paper stack.  The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.


This beautiful sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ You're My Best Buddy stamp set.  It actually two different stamps ~ "I Love You" & "Dad".  The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.


It can be so hard to be creative during the tougher times of life. I'm sure many of you, like me, find our wonderful hobby to be such good therapy.  I hope this gives you some inspiration on something you can do to document such wonderful memories that we all have.  Have a great day.  See you all soon.

Rest In Peace ~ James B. Walton.  I love you bunches and bunches Lisa & Sandi!   

5 comments :

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I am in tears! This is such a BEAUTIFUL card/ idea that your friend will treasue forever!

Glora said...

You are such a sweet and thoughtful friend. This is BEAUTIFUL and so touching. She will love it as it will be a beautiful reminder of her cherished daddy and your friendship all at the same time. Huge hugs- Glora

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure she appreciated this beautiful card..

L.B. said...

this is very special.

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is such a sweet and thoughtful gift idea. Crafting is a wonderful tool for healing. tfs Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...