Tuesday, March 27, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hello everyone!  I have a fun and silly birthday card to share with you today.  I'm not sure how many of you have ever heard of the phrase "A house divided".  It refers to different sports rivalries within the same family.  Well, in Arizona we have a pretty big rivalry between the two major state universities - Arizona State University & the University of Arizona. And in my family we are totally "a house divided"!!!  My husband went to ASU for both undergraduate school and graduate school.  My stepson went to the UofA for undergraduate school.  And me . . . well - I went to both schools LOL - the UofA for undergraduate school and ASU for graduate school.  So my house is super fun during all the various sporting events throughout the year!!!!  BTW --- if anyone ever asks --- let it be known that I AM A UofA WILDCAT THRU AND THRU!!!   ;)

So my card today is a fun little birthday card I made for my stepson:


The white card base is just white ~ Georgia Pacific cardstock that you can get at Walmart.  The blue cardstock is from the Co-ordinations ~ Vintage collection.  For the Happy Birthday letters, I used the Varsity Letter ~ Cricut Lite cartridge.  The red patterned cardstock for the letters was from my scraps drawer, so I don't remember the maker - but I do know that it's a Fourth of July paper collection.  I outlined all the letters with a little faux stitching for some extra highlights using a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  


If you look closely at the "I" in birthday, you can see that I added a little Jolee's Boutique ~ Birthday Candle sticker.  And of course the best part --- the "A" in happy is the UofA logo that I just printed from the internet.  How fun is that?!?!  He's gonna love it!!  Even my husband loved it . . . and he's an ASU Sun Devil (booooo!)  LOL


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Just a funny birthday card.  Hope you all have a great day.  I will see you tomorrow!  :)

8 comments :

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What a FABULOUS B-day card! There is always something that cathes my eye when someone uses these colors! I Just LOVE it! Clever idea on the "A" and cute sticker on the "I"! The story was great too! How fun is your house! LOL

LindaV said...

Great idea! Varsity Letter is my most used font during football season. Our daughter is in a house divided. We even got her a doormat and bumper sticker. Little stinker married a USC Trojan when my Alma Mater is Ucla Bruins. As our grandson says: at least we don't have a problem with the Lakers, right Nana??

L.B. said...

Very fun card. Love the stitching on the letters.

Christine said...

I think your card is terrific. He'll love it. Of course, I like the A -- but I really like the little candle in the I. TFS
--C

CaeCamille said...

OMG so funny! Would be really funny to make him one with ASU colors for April Fool's Day :)
XO!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great card! The stitching brings everything out nicely. He will love his card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Mindy said...

Just wanted to say I love your cute birthday card! Im also here in the valley and I have to side with your husband ASU all the way hahaha.have a great weekend.

missstamper said...

Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...