Monday, March 5, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hello everyone!  A couple of weekends ago, Peachy Keen Stamps had their March Stamp Release and they had a couple of challenges over at the Peachy Keen Connection.  I showed you my first challenge entry last week (the cute pink balloons card) and today I have my second challenge entry to show you.  The challenge was to use ribbon and bling somewhere on your project, along with PKS of course.  :)  It's a fun birthday card for my mom:


You might have noticed that one of my favorite things lately (besides using all the colors in the rainbow) has been making flowers.  Aren't they sooo cute?!?  All of the papers for this card are from Recollections, except for the patterned paper in the flowers which is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic paper stack.  The super cute flowers are cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  


The fun face for the 'mommy' flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I inked the edges of all the flower petals and the face with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes and added just a little chalk for some cheeks.


The sweet little face for the 'daughter' flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies Face Assortment.  I once again inked all the edges with Colorbox ~ Chestnut Roan ink and added just a touch of chalk for some cheeks.

You can also see in the upper right corner - the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink. In the four corners I did something a little different.  I used a small little circle punch and punched out part of the corner so that I could put the Recollections ~ Pearls in there.  I was kinda going for a 'reverse' rounded corner look...lol.  I think it turned out pretty neat.


In the bottom left corner, the "to a Super Mom" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Mom, You Rock stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  For the 'leaves' I used some Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  In the center, I added a little flower gem from my stash.  The stems are Wiltons ~ Lollipop Sticks.  


I just absolutely love how cute this card turned out!!!  PKS faces look so great with Cricut cuts - don't ya think?!?!  That's it for me today.  I hope you all have a great week.  See you again soon...  

Oh...and don't forget that some of my fellow MCT ~ Design Team members are guest designing over at Everyday Cricut...go check them out and leave them so love!!!  (psst...I think there is a giveaway too!!!!)   ;)

9 comments :

LindaV said...

I love the elegance of this card. Very fun.

Glora said...

Your flowers always make me smile. You give them so much depth and dimension and then adding a beautiful PKS face just makes them PERFECT!!!! I LOVE this card SO much and I'm certain your mom does too! Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Wow, that is really a great card!

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

This card is Flower-riffic! Love the color tones on this Cassandra. Smooches... Felicia

Shelly said...

Adorable! Love the soft colors and those CUTE peachy faces!
Have a SUPER day!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I adore your flowers-so super cute! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your sweet card!I LOVE your flowers,TOO CUTE!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

Your Mom will love this card. Great Mom and Daughter flower idea. Sweet card!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Karen's Korner said...

love the birthday cards, I am a beginner and just starting to get ideas, want to make my own cards.

Karen H
Mancelona, MI
kscena@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...