Thursday, February 9, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for my very favorite challenge of all time ~ the Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time.  And this is the one you totally want to participate in because Emma randomly chooses a winner who gets the entire collection of her products to be released this month!!!

The challenge this time is to:  use any Cricut cartridge and make a project of your choice with a "BUG theme" ~ butterflies, ladybugs, bees, etc.

Here is my project:


I used my all time favorite product - the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die.  The fun plaid patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Grade School paper stack


The sentiment at the top is from the My Creative Time ~ More Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is Technique Tuesday ~ black ink.


The yummy little apple is cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The pretty red shimmery paper is from the Bazzill ~ Metallic collection.  The brown and green papers for the stem and leaf are from Recollections.  I added a cute little tag cut with the small tag die in the My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.  The "You are" & "#1" are from the My Creative Time ~ My Teacher Rocks stamp set.  I inked the edges of the tag and the whole gift card holder with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  And I added a little bow with The Twinery ~ Cappuccino twine.  

**Notice that the "You are" is actually from the stamp that says "You are truly appreciated" ~ I just inked the words I needed and voila!  This is a great little tip to keep in mind, because it opens up a whole bunch more options - you just have to be a little creative.  ;)  


The super cute little bookworm is also cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The green patterned paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  His sweet little studious face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  I colored in his eyes with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and added some cute little cheeks with chalk.  I also used Prismacolor Pencils for his little nose and mouth.  I finished it all off with some fun Celebrate It ~ Wedding Collection tulle.


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And if you've never entered a challenge before . . . what are you waiting for?!?!?!  Give this one a shot!  And don't forget . . . Emma will be randomly choosing one lucky winner to receive the entire collection of her stamps released this month!!!  Don't miss out!!!

See you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!    :)

~ Cassandra

16 comments :

Cindy said...

This is the cutest Gift Card Holder!! Every teacher would love a gift like this!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Bex said...

so, so cute!
Gotta love the DCWV paper matched with Emma's stamps;0)
love the project; just in time for Teacher Appreciation:0)

TFS!
bex:0)

Crafting Katie said...

So adorable! I love your little bookworm! His glasses are so cute, and the patterned paper is perfect! I would love to receive this cut gift card holder as a teacher!

Jeanne said...

I just LOVE that little gift card holder! It's perfect for any teacher. Great job!! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

just too cute! I can't believe with all the bugs we both chose the same darling worm!!!

Glora said...

Oh this is SO cute! Your little bookworm gift card is the cutest. And I LOVE your sparkly apple too! A teacher would absolutely LOVE getting this! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Oh this is way too CUTE! I LOVE that worm! I was going to do him too, I have never made him but EVERY single time I see him I just fall in LOVE! I love the paper you used, GREAT choice! Oh that teeny just adds that PERFECT touch! FABULOUS job!

Margie said...

How cute is that! Great papers and I love that worm's face!

Cindy said...

OMG your gift card holder is sooo SWEET!AWESOME job with it!!:)

LaVargas said...

You did a great job with my favorite little inch worm. I love the glasses.

Cathryn said...

Adorable Cassandra! Love the sparkly red apple! Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

This is such a sweet gift card...love the sparkle on the apple and the checked paper for the worm. Those Peachy Faces are too cute :D Thanks for the stamping tip too! Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim's Kreations said...

So so cute love the bookworm. Great idea for a teacher.

Crafty Moni said...

Cute giftcard card, what teacher wouldn't love to receive such a special treat:) Thanks for the tip on inking part of the words on stamps, I am so going to have to try that out:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Leanne said...

Awww this little bookworm is soooo cute! I love his glasses! Awesome giftcard holder any teacher would be thrilled to receive this!! Hugs, Leanne

Scrappin with the bug said...

Soo cute. I think this is adoable. I love putting the glasses on the little guy. Perect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...