Thursday, February 9, 2012

Simply Crafts Challenge

Hello everyone!  Wow...five days in a row!!!  I feel like the Engergizer Bunny.  LOL.  Make sure you stop on Sunday . . . I have something fun planned!  ;)

Well, it's time for the Simply Crafts ~ February 2012 Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project using the "tree with hearts on it" cut on page 39 of the Sweethearts ~ Cricut cartridge.

Today, I went really simple ~ here is my card:


This is a 6x6 card.  I don't usually give measurements, but since I don't often make this size card - I thought I would throw it out there.  

For this card, I decided to use some really fun distressed looking paper (not my usual style).  The papers for the blue sky background, the sun, the grassy hills and the little hearts carved in tree are from the Basic Grey ~ Sugar Rush paper collection.  The papers for the tree base, the tree top and the dirt in the foreground are from the Fancy Pants Designs ~ Beach Bum Kit.  

The tree is cut from the Sweethearts ~ Cricut cartridge (pg. 39).  And the sun is cut from the Life Is A Beach ~ Cricut cartridge.  **Notice that I used the Gypsy and the "Hide Contour" feature to remove the sun's face.  To get the wavy lines for the hills and the dirt, I used a Creative Memories ~ paper trimmer


The only things I did for this card were to add some pop dots behind the tree and the sun and add this beautiful little sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ This & That stamp set. The ink is Technique Tuesday ~ black ink.  Oh and I didn't get a good picture of it, but I also stamped a "C" & "D" into the hearts on the tree (for my husband & me).  **To get the individual letters, I just picked a stamp from the same stamp set and colored in one "C" and then one "D".  Awww...too cute!   ;)


That's it for today.  A super simple card for the Simply Crafts ~ February 2012 Challenge.  Make sure you head on over there ~ there's still time to enter!  And say "Hi" to my super sweet blogging buddy ~ Glora.   :)  I'm gonna take tomorrow off, but don't forget to come back on Sunday...you don't want to miss it!!! 

~ Cassandra

7 comments :

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Crafty Moni said...

Easy, and simple to make are the best cards. Not to mention your card is super cute. Thanks for sharing.

Peace, Love & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

LaVargas said...

I love this card! The sentiment is perfect and the LO reminds me of fabric piecing to make scenes. Very nice job.

Curious though...you open up by saying be sure to drop by tomorrow for some fun and end by saying you are taking tomorrow off. That doesn't sound fun!

LindaV
TulipCollector

Glora said...

WOW, what a cool look! I just love how the patterned paper did a lot of the story telling for this card. It is a beautiful soft scene and you chose the PERFECT sentiment for it too! Thanks for joining our Simply Crafts Challenge again! Hugs- Glora

Rita said...

Love your choice of papers. The tree cut works so well with them. Love it.

I'm starting to feel better and am spending more time on the MB. I noticed you haven't been around for a while. Would love to see more of your smiling face!

Hugs,
Rita

Christine said...

I love the C & D in the hearts :-) the whismical style of the paper you used gave the card character. Your sentiment is perfect. TFS my friend....and yes, you've been very busy.

Simply Pam said...

I love your card. It is just so pretty. The soft distressed paper just makes the card look so dreamy. Love it! Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...