Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 2 : February Release

Hello everyone!  How did you like all the sneak peeks from the Design Team yesterday?  I told you . . . cute, cute, cute!  Well, it's time for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 2.  Today, the Design Team is showcasing some beautiful background stamps called Spring Chicken Backgrounds.  There are two awesome background stamps in this set.  I am using the beautiful spring flowers one.

For my project today, I have what looks like a simple card. However, it's the first time I have ever tried heat embossing with background stamps and clear embossing powder.  My wonderful blogging buddy and fellow MCT Design Team member ~ Glora taught me how to do this.  Thanks my friend! To see her awesome project that inspired me click here.


All of the papers for this card are from Recollections.  If you look closely, you can see the embossing on each of the colored pieces.   I used the My Creative Time ~ Spring Chicken Backgrounds stamp set.  To get this look I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and Clear ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder, along with my handy dandy heat gun.  This is a 6x6 card.  Which means each little colored square is a little smaller than 3 inches.  The background stamps are just over 3 inches, which worked out perfectly.  I stamped & embossed each square separately.  It took me a few tries to get it right lol, but I think it turned out soooo pretty.  Here is a closer shot:


Isn't the embossing so neat?  I just love this look, not to mention that I just love learning new crafting techniques.  

The blue scallop shape in the center is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  I added some pop dots underneath to give it some dimension.  The sweet stamped images are from the stamp set we showcased yesterday the My Creative Time ~ Happy Hunting stamp set.  I used Technique Tuesday ~ black ink for the stamping and also to lightly ink the edges of the circle.  I colored in all the images with Prismacolor Pencils. And I added a beautiful pink & white bow made from Offray ribbon.  


That's it for today my friends.  If you have never tried this kind of embossing, give it a shot.  It's always fun to learn something new!

***********************************
SNEAK PEAK GIVEAWAY TIME!!

With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs. You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have!  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  OR you can just tag Emma in your post!

Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Thursday, Feb. 16th during this AWESOME release happening @ 12:01 am PST in her video!  GOOD LUCK!!  Log onto your facebook now & let's start spreading the word!

***********************************

That's it for Day 2 of Sneak Peek Week.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And make sure you leave comments along the way for your chance to win!  I will see you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!

Oh, and don't forget ~ for my 1-yr Blogoversary Giveaway & Contest - click here.  

~ Cassandra

66 comments :

Tammy said...

Love love love your embossing it really did turn out so elegant. Your coloring is beautiful also. Great job.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What an ADORABLE card! The embossing looks BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors ~ so Easter looking! Oh and that bow...PERFECTION! Super job!

Short Scrapper said...

This card makes me nostalgic for my babies' early Easters. Thanks for taking me back in time

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Wow this is so pretty, I love the heat embossed look!
Kristan

jessica said...

What a beautiful card! You did an amazing job with the embossing!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Tracy said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.....I LOVE IT

Crafting Katie said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you made the different colored squares, and the embossing is gorgeous!

joni said...

Gorgeous card! Love, love, love the embossing!!! And I really love that you used the different pastels...wonderful!!! TFS!
hugs,
joni

arcocha at yahoo dot com

antdoda said...

This is so pretty!! I just ordered one of those stamps so I could try this!! antdoda@aol.com

Lara said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing! lclass003atgmaildotcom

Kate said...

Gorgeous card.

Hugs,
Kate

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra I love your very colorful card. Great job on it. :)

Craft Me This said...

Awesome job. Embossing looks great.

craftmethis@gmail.com

Leanne said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the embossing and how you used different colors of pattern paper! Great job Cassandra! Hugs, Leanne

Anonymous said...

Cute card.
marilyn2222 @ hotmail.com

Amy's Designs said...

Beautiful. I love the colors. Just gorgeous.

janner said...

Beautiful embossing. Lovely card.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

Shar said...

Wow you did a great job for your first embossing! This is so pretty and springy, the color blocking is lovely. And of course the bunny is too sweet. Great work, Cassandra!!

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Wow....beautiful card!! Awesome job!!
croptilludrop23@gmail.com

Carol said...

Cassandra - super cute card, love your background and the bunny os too adorable TFS

maddymuscles said...

Cute stuff! :)

Nancy said...

Love it Cassandra!! Love the embossed background!! Isnt it fun!!! hugs

Nancy

Amy C said...

Great card Cassandra!! I love the embossed color pannels.

Brenda said...

Love that background stamp from this set, well I really love both background stamps! lol Your card is fabulous!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I also love the look of these backgrounds...thinking I will be getting these...thanks for showing them. Beautiful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Adorable card.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Micia said...

This is SO adorable!!! Love the new stamps :)

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Megan said...

Such a pretty card! Love it!

megan.saxe@gmail.com

Jeanne said...

Great minds must think alike Cassandra!! ;) Love the soft color you used! Looks PERFECT!

Sue D said...

Very cute card--love the embossing.

M.J. Rutledge said...

Love this paper! Great card.

JaxandAsyMom said...

I love the way the embossing looks! Thanks so much for sharing.

Tiffany said...

Wow this is so pretty! :p

Cindy said...

This card is sooo ADORABLE!I LOVE the colors and the BEAUTIFUL embossing!!!:)

Glora said...

YAY!!!! You did it and it looks GORGEOUS!!!! I'm warning you that it can be addicting - LOL. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw your card! IT is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The colors are perfect and your embossing and coloring are beautiful. It is a perfect Easter card! Hugs- Glora

pruttybird said...

Love how the embossing looks! Definitely going to be a must have stamp set :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow I'm loving all of the new background stamps. Emma is really showing off this time. Love Love it. Great Embossing!

Mimi said...

Love this card and I totally love the embossed backgrounds!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
cbarwick@comcast.net

Kathy said...

Wow, this is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Kathy
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

scrapaholicjen said...

Beautiful card Cassandra! Love that bunny - so adorable!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

Linda Harris said...

Happy Valentines Day!!! Love the card and the background!!! Awesome!!! Linda Harris lsunflower58@aol.com

Julie L. said...

Cute! Gets me in the mood for Easter!

Julie L.
jlearned at charter dot net

Suzy said...

i love your card design with the 4 panels! :) Thanks for sharing!!
Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

Jeanine said...

Love your cars it's super cute!
Scrappinwithjc@gmail.com

Brenda said...

so cute! great colors!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Your card is so pretty and I love the color combo.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

Arcy Scraps said...

this is absolutely beautiful!

Candy said...

Awww that little bunny is so cute! Thanks for the tip on the embossing!
candyyoung826 at msn dot com

tina said...

This is so,so, so pretty. Love the pastels and the embossing so much.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

cricutharper said...

Such a beautiful card! Love, love, love it. Awesome job.

Danielle Lee said...

This is such a pretty card. The bunny is too cute and the embossing looks wonderful. I definitely have to try that. Thanks for sharing.


Danielle
leeceratops@comcast.net

Crafting Butterfly Creations said...

Supper Cute! I love sneaK peek week.

Josie0602 said...

Cute little bunny card!!
Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

Great job on the embossing. Looks great! --C

Scrappin with the bug said...

So pretty and very elegant. Great job w/ the heat emobossing. Love the colors.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, this is just too sweet, love the pastel color combo!

Dawn said...

Such a sweet card. I LOVE the embossing!

DeeGeeScraps at gmail dot com

CarolynG said...

LOVE the bunny and the embossed background!! Wonderful Job!!

~ Lori ~ said...

I love how you did the background embossing...so pretty!

Cathi said...

The embossing is just stunning. TFS

Crafty Moni said...

Love your card, its just adorable. The colors you used along with the heat embossing with background stamps gave your card such an elegant look. I love this techinque, it adds really pretty detail to the paper. Thanks for sharing, I am going to have to try to make one of these cute cards, inspired by your design:)

Peace, Love & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23@ca dot rr dot com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Kind of going backwards here, but yet another cutie of a card-love the colorful patterns!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Evelyn said...

Simply adorable. TFS
Evelyn
evl14512@gmail.com

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

This is Soooo Beautiful. I have to have this card. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Denise said...

Adorable bunny! Thanks for sharing!

Got2BCrafting said...

VERY pretty! I just love all the bright colors. :)
Lori
got2bcrafting at gmail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...