Monday, February 6, 2012

"Monday Madness ~ Imagine That!" with My Creative Time

Hello everyone and Happy Monday! So how did you like that Super Bowl yesterday?  Nice to see a close game for a change. So which was your favorite commercial? My top 3 favorites were: the E-Trade Baby on the maternity ward of the hospital with his dad, the funny Doritos one with the baby in the sling-shot swing and the hilarious greyhound dog race with the one little doggie that had the red shoes on and then moon-walked across the finish line!  Oh...and one more ~ if you are from my generation, then the Matthew Broderick commercial was a great throwback.  Boy am I feeling old.  LOL   I'm a huge football fan, but I absolutely love the Super Bowl commercials too! 

It's time for another "Monday Madness ~ Imagine That!" with My Creative Time.  Today, we are using our Cricut ~ Imagine machines and my assignment is to feature the Happy Mail stamp set.  It's also a "Designer's Choice" - which means we get to create anything we want!  Surprise - Surprise . . . I made a card.   hee hee   :)


The green and yellow patterned papers are printed from the Cricut Imagine ~ Imagine More cartridge.  For those of you who don't own an Imagine yet, I have to say that my most favorite thing is being able to print your own patterned paper. You know what that means???  You will never run out of a specific piece of patterned paper again!!!  Don't you just hate when that happens?


The star of my card is this really cute little snail from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Mail stamp set.  In our world of super technology, I still love making cards to send the good old fashioned Snail Mail way!  ;)  I colored him in with Prismacolor Pencils and then blended it with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I also ink the edges of the square with both Technique Tuesday ~ black ink & Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.


This neat little sentiment is also from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Mail stamp set.  I stamped it using Technique Tuesday ~ black ink.


For this last little embellishment, I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The "Miss You!" sentiment is also from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Mail stamp set.  And I filled in Emma's signature stitching lines with a brown ~ Zig Writer pen.  


The brown cardstock is from Recollections.  At the bottom of the card, I used an EK Success ~ Scallop Diamond Border Punch for the pretty border.  I also used some pop dots underneath all of the cute little snails, as well as the flower embellishment for some dimension.

Well my friends, that's it for today.  I have some great projects coming up - I think I have something for almost everyday for the next two weeks!!!  And the best part ~ my 1 year blogoversary is coming up.  You don't want to miss that!  I have a great giveaway and a contest too - so stay tuned.    ;)

Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created for today.  And if you want to get a closer look at this featured stamp set Happy Mail ~ click here.

See you all tomorrow!

~ Cassandra

13 comments :

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo SWEET,AWESOME job girl!:)

Crafting Katie said...

So adorable, Cassandra! I love your little snails and how you staggered the squares! Really cute!

Bex said...

Cute card.
The snails are adorable:0)
TFS

Jeanne said...

Such a super cute little card!! Love that little snail. Fabulous job!! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, this sooo CUTE! I've been eyeing that little snail to use on something! mine would have never turned out as cute!!!!

Cindy said...

WOW! I love this card! Great idea with repeating the snails!! Cute!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Glora said...

Cassandra, this is FABULOUS!!!! I love the whole style and layout of this card. That snail is just too cute and I haven't used him in FAR TOO LONG! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Nancy said...

Love this card Cassandra! I cant wait to see your posts for the next two weeks! hugs

Nancy

quilt4fun2 said...

A lucky someone who gets this card...so very cute.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Karen B. said...

Your card brought a smile to my face, and I thank you for that! The snail image is just too cute!

Kim H said...

What a FABULOUS card! I LOVE the colors you chose and how you used the snail! Just a perfect card!
tfs
Oh I couldn't agree more about the commercials! Oh I get the flashback ~ showing my age even more!

Vicky said...

so cute love how your card turned out

Christine said...

love your snails. And yes, I like to send snail mail. I think most like to get unsuspecting mail in their box. TFS --C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...