Monday, February 6, 2012

Market Street Stamps ~ "Paint the Town Color Challenge"

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a challenge entry to show you. It's the "Paint the Town Color Challenge" with Market Street Stamps.  Now, this is the very first time I am participating in this challenge. I don't yet have any fun image stamps from Market Street Stamps, only a few background stamps - so this is all a little new to me.  Plus, I'm not totally sure of all the rules, so hopefully what I created will be ok.

The guidelines for this challenge:  Use Market Street Stamps and this beautiful color inspiration to create any paper craft project.  Here is the color scheme we are to use for our inspiration:


And here is the card I created:


The pretty yellow patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Lemon Flower paper stack.  The orange colored paper is the closest thing I had to "persimmon" lol and it's from Paper Trey Ink.  The white card base and the lighter grey paper are from Recollections.  The darker shimmery grey paper is from my stash.  (I think it's from an old DCWV paper stack, but I have no idea which one).  


The focal point of my card is this cool little flower I made.  I got the original inspiration from one of my fellow MCT-Design Team members ~ Katie over at Crafting with Katie ~ to check out her post that inspired me - click here.  The  large outer petals are cut with a banner die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  Then I stamped the design on each petal with the Market Street Stamps ~ Bit of Burlap background stamp.  I curled the ends a little for some extra dimension.  The inner layer of the flower is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The fun "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  The ink is Technique Tuesday ~ black ink.  For the center, I added a little yellow button from my stash and a cute little bow with white ~ DMC floss


At the top, I used the super fun EK Success ~ Candles border punch.  And I added some yellow ~ Stickles to all the flames for some extra sparkle.  Isn't it soooo fun?!?!



On each side of the center flower, I added a couple of hearts cut with the heart die in the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  The hearts in the back are cut with that pretty shimmery grey cardstock.  And for the hearts on the top, I used the beautiful "love" stamp from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I also added some little pop dots underneath those top two hearts for a little more dimension.


Well, that's it for my first Market Street Stamps ~ Paint the Town Color Challenge.  Hope I did ok.  It's kinda fun using a specific color scheme.  Make sure you go check them out to see what other pretty entries there are so far.  And if you have the time, jump in and make something!  Challenges are so much fun!!!  Have a great day everyone.  I will see you all back here tomorrow.

~ Cassandra

3 comments :

Glora said...

Ooh, you make these colors look so perfect together. This card is BEAUTIFUL. Definitely not colors I would have combined on my own, but I LOVE how they look together on a card. Hugs- Glora

Christine said...

Love this card. I have the candle punch but haven't used it yet. I like the button you added to the stitched circle. Great job my friend. --C

Stephanie Washburn said...

YAY! So glad you joined our challenge this month, Cassandra! LOVE your card! That flower is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...