Thursday, January 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Throwback Thursday Challenge" with Emma over at My Creative Time.  This has always been my most favorite challenge, because it always encourages you to use the cartridges you already have in your collection.  Don't you just love it when you discover a 'new to you'  image on a cartridge that you have had forever?  lol . . . I sure do!  

The challenge this week is a Valentine Challenge ~ make a project of your choice using any cartridge that has to do with Valentine's Day.

So for my project, I decided to go simple and focus on the best part of Valentine's Day (no not chocolate silly!) ~ LOVE:  


The card base, and the black & white cardstock are all from Recollections.  The pretty patterned paper is from the brand new Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic mat stack.  


The pretty little heart is cut with the heart die from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  The love sentiment stamped inside the heart is also from that stamp set.  

The "love" is cut from the Cake Basics ~ Cricut cartridge.  I added some simple dots for highlighting with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  Also, as a border on the top and the bottom of the card, I used the "love you" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.  And I alternated with red & black ink from Technique Tuesday.  


That's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time  to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And if you have never entered the Throwback Thursday Challenge before . . . give it a try!  It's a whole lot of fun and a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Happy crafting my friends!  See you all again really soon.

~ Cassandra

13 comments :

shelly said...

Cassandra, you are so talented, I love all your projects. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us. Super Great Card.

Crafting Katie said...

Beautiful card, Cassandra! The "Love You" border is awesome!!!

Glora said...

This totally spells LOVE in every way! What a beautiful Valentine's card! Hugs- Glora

Christine said...

Really love how the E whips up. Great card....for your hubby? TFS good luck on the challenge.
Oh, just ordered my gypsy....can't wait for it to get here.

--C

liz at liz's paper loft said...

great clean lines! the border is PERFECT!

L.B. said...

very sweet. I love this love cut

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Such a Beautiful Card. When are you going to do some videos? You are sooo talented. Smooches... Felicia

Shar said...

I LOVE the "love you" border on your love card. What a great way to really showcase a sentiment. This is fab, Cassandra!

Nancy said...

This is beautiful Cassandra! And yes I get excited when I find an image i didnt know I had! big hugs

Nancy

Charlotte said...

This is such a great card. I really like that you used the big LOVE as the focal point. And the liittle heart with the love stamp os wonderful.

Charlotte

Shelly said...

What a beautiful card! I love the font on the "love"
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

Beautiful card!! I love the borders!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Dawn said...

Very pretty card. I love that patterned paper.

Dawn
DeeGeeScraps

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...