Monday, January 23, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge

Hello everyone!  Well, it's a new year and time to get back to participating in challenges around our blogging world.  Peachy Keen Stamps has changed the way they are doing their challenges this year.  There will be a new challenge posted every Friday and you have until the following Wednesday at midnight to enter.  So let's get started!!!

Peachy Challenge #1 ~ Pockets:  Create a project with a pocket!  Whether it folds, tucks, or hides a treat, pockets are a fun way to add something extra.  Remember, you don't have to use our stamps to link up, but you do have to use our stamps to win the prize.  

So when I saw this challenge and read the guidelines, the very first thing that entered my mind was the song "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield.  And of course then I couldn't get it out of my head - lol - so I made my little card based on that: 


The card base is from Recollections.  The scallop background piece is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The kraft cardstock for that background piece is from Joanns.  If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the kraft cardstock with the Divine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug embossing folder. I cut the pocket with the Old West ~ Cricut cartridge.  I used my Gypsy and the "hide contour feature" to hide the pattern that was on the pocket.  For my sentiment, I used the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die and my computer to print out exactly what I wanted it to say "Wishing you a pocket full of sunshine."  I colored the word "sunshine" for a little extra emphasis with a Prismacolor pencil.  


For my super cute sun, I used the two tag dies in the My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set and the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die for the center.  For the fun face, I used my new Peachy Keen Stamps ~ The Cornies Assortment.  I colored in her eyes with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  And I added some cute little cheeks with chalk.  The pretty paper is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Warm Spectrums paper pack.  The blue paper for the pocket is from Bazzill.


It still needed a little something so I added some little gems from my stash around the scallop edges.  That's it!  My first PKS Challenge entry of the year.  If you have never entered a challenge yet, then make it a New Year's Resolution!  (it would actually be a fun resolution to keep - LOL).

Have a great week everyone!  See you back here tomorrow  :)

~ Cassandra

9 comments :

Glora said...

Your pocket full of sunshine makes me super happy. It is absolutely ADORABLE and perfect!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute Cassandra!!! Love your cute sunshine! SOOO fun! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Oh my, your card is absolutely darling.. I love the colors and you sweet little flower's face.. I'm so happy you joined us at Peachy Keen..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Melissa said...

Love your pocket full of sunshine! That will cheer anyone up :)

Lulu/cy said...

hey cute card Luv that sunny sun's
face tee hee, it's a hoot. Thanks
for everything u do to share what
is i nside you.<(^O*)>

Kristi said...

Super adorable! Thanks for joining the PKS challenge! ~Kristi

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Cassandra, Your pocket with the sunshine in it is just so super sweet! I love the embossed layer and all the bling. I'm so happy that you created with us for this PKS challenge!!
Heidi

Amy C said...

Too cute!! Love the pocket and matching sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenges this week!!

Hugs,
Amy

Cindy :) said...

very cute idea, love your sun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...