Monday, January 30, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #2

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Challenge #2 ~ Photo Inspiration.  The guidelines for this challenge: Create a project of your choice using this photo as inspiration.  You can interpret it however you like!  Remember, you don't have to use our stamps to link up, but you do have to use our stamps to win the prize.  Design must be new and created specifically for this challenge.

Here is the photo that we are to use for inspiration:


The minute I saw this photo, I knew exactly what inspired me: the colors and the flowers.  So I got out one of my favorite Cricut cartridges ~ Flower Shoppe and my brand new paper pack that matched perfectly with these colors - Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic.

Here is my creation:


Isn't it sooo cute?  I just absolutely LOVE it!  I made it especially for my scrapbook room.  The cute little flower box is from Michaels.  I actually got it on clearance and there was a plant in it that I took out and threw away . . . hee hee.  The filler is from my stash.  I added some cream colored tulle from the Celebrate It ~ Wedding collection.  And I added a pretty bow with ribbon from my stash.  I wish I knew the maker of that ribbon - I'm almost out.  :(  All of the papers are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic paper stack, except for the flower centers which are from Recollections.


This pretty pink flower is the #5 flower on the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  The flower center is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die.  The sweet little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I colored her eyes in with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and added some cheeks with chalk.  I also inked all the edges lightly with Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink.


This pretty flower is the #6 flower on the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  The flower center is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die.  The sweet little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  I added some cute little cheeks with chalk.  And I lightly inked all the edges with Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink.


This pretty blue flower is the #10 flower on the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  The flower center is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die.  The fun little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ The Cornies Face Assortment.  I colored in her eyes with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and added some cheeks with chalk.  I also inked all the edges lightly with Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink.


I'm not sure if you can really tell in these photos, but some of the papers are shimmery and so very pretty.  I think this turned out so great!  I was originally going to make a card, but the flowers turned out so cute I just had to make it into a fun flower pot.


Well, that's it for today my creative friends.  See you back here tomorrow for 3-D Wednesday with My Creative Time. Have a great day!  :)

~ Cassandra

12 comments :

Cindy said...

OMG GORGEOUS job with your sweet project!I LOVE the little faces and all great details,TOO CUTE!Have a SUPER day!:)

Scrappin with the bug said...

So sweet. Love the flowers they are just as cute as can be. Great job.

Kim H said...

It isn't just CUTE but BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the faces and the colors! What a fabulous idea! These flowers totally have to be better than the ones that came with the pot!
tfs

Jill_in_AL said...

That is so cute! Love the colors and smiles =)

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet idea...who does not love the Peachy faces? They always make me smile. Put them on a stick for a centerpiece and it is perfect :D Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

LOL- we even used two of the EXACT same faces ;)! And mine has 3 flowers arranged similar to this, two higher in the back and one shorter in the front!!!! I'm totally dying here! You rock!!!! Hugs- Glora

Glora said...

Okay this is not going to make sense because my 1st comment did not post - LOL! So you will be reading my second comment first and below is essentially what my first comment said...

Anyway, I was totally dying because I had already made up my PKS project for Friday and it is VERY similar to this. 3 flowers with PKS faces (2 that are the same as what you used). Anyway, you are totally going to think I copied you - oh except that yours is cuter. But I must admit that I was going to link to one of your cute centerpieces because that was the original inspiration for my project anyway!!! You are awesome and this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Hugs- Glora

Saundra said...

This is adorable! Love it! Thanks for sharing at PKS!

VICTORIA said...

Great job on your card I love it this has been a fun challenge!!!

Kristi said...

WOW!super super CUTENESS right there! Thanks for joining the PKS challenge!

Melissa said...

Very Cheerful bouquet, wonderful project as always-

Jennie Garcia said...

Great Project!! I love your bouquet!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...