Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "Favorite Stamp of the Month"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to the newest My Creative Time  feature ~ "Favorite Stamp of the Month".  Once a month, Emma and the Design Team are going to feature an oldie but a goodie.  This month is the:  You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set.

********************

If you own this stamp set, we would LOVE to see ANY old projects you have made or any NEW projects using this stamp set!  My Creative Time is having a "You Had Me At Chocolate" link party!  Please link up your projects HERE to Mr. Linky on My Creative Time's page.  If you do not own this set, it's your LUCKY day because it's on sale HERE!  Go pick up your set before they sell out!  We are ALL looking forward to seeing your projects!   ;)

********************

So here is my new creation using the My Creative Time ~ You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set:


I made this beautiful flower for the top of this little gift box.  The flower is cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  All of the patterned papers are from the K & Company ~ KP Valentine paper stack


On the flower petals I stamped the "I Love You..." & "I Love You more..." sentiments from the MCT ~ You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set.  Get it?!?  Instead of "he loves me" - "he loves me not" I did "I Love You..." - "I Love You more..."  Don't you just love that?!?  ;)  Sometimes I crack myself up!  LOL

Anyway, the ink for the sentiments is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa ink.  Also, I inked the edges of all the petals in the flower with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  In the center of the flower is a big brad from a 'really big brad' set I have.  Can't remember where I got them or the maker...sorry.  For a little vintage feel, I wrinkled many of the petals, as well as curled up many of the edges for dimension.


Here is a front side view.  The pretty ribbon is Paper Trey Ink ~ Berry Sorbet ribbon.


That's it!  These flowers are super fun and also easy to make.  If you don't have the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge . . . I highly recommend it!!!

And for a little extra fun, I thought I would show you some past projects made with the My Creative Time ~ You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set:


For all the details from the original post for this Valentine's Day card - click HERE.  This was from Day #2 when my little blog was very first born.....awwwww!


For all the details from the original post for this pretty Wedding card - click HERE.


And for all the details from the original post for this fun "Be Mine" card - click HERE.

Well my creative friends, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the My Creative Time ~ Design Team has created.  And if you have any creations with this super fun stamp set ~ link up your project to Mr. Linky.  I can't wait to see what you all have created.  Or if you don't have the stamp set yet, check out Emma's awesome deal . . . you don't want to miss it!!!

See you all again really soon!  Have a great rest of the week :)

~ Cassandra

12 comments :

Kate said...

You make the most adorable creations. I love the flowers on the box too.

Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

Such a pretty flower on your box, and your cards are all adorable!!!

Cindy said...

I love...love your flower! Great idea stamping the little sentiment on there! Looks so pretty!! :)

Glora said...

Your box and flower are so perfect. I just love the sentiment on the petals of the flower! You are so very creative! I also love all of the other cards you shared too! Hugs- Glora

Trell said...

I always love everything you do!

Carolee said...

Simply beautiful!

quilt4fun2 said...

All of your cards are wonderful attractive and clever. The flower on your box turned out perfect. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

First of all ~ all your projects/ cards are just AMAZING! Love that flower! Second of all...Thank You for the sweet and funny comment! I am sorry for the AZ Cardinals loss but you got our coaches! I want Whisenhunt, Grimm and Miller back! Lol. I went to school with Mike Miller, such and incredible guy!

Thanks for being so thoughtful and for a great laugh too!

Christine said...

I just love that BOX TOPPER WOW!!!

Leanne said...

Oooo I never thought about stamping on the petals cool!! I have this cartridge and love it but like all the others I own need to use it more!! Love this box and all the other projects you've made with this set! Hugs, Leanne

ScrapMyWay said...

LOVE the color combo on the flower petal card...great idea on the sentiments!! New follower & hope you can stop by.
Creative Wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I love your cards! I am so inspired by everything that I am seeing on your blog! Thanks for the opportunity to win :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...