Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  Today, we are making any 3-D project and adding "texture" - like lace, burlap, material, felt, etc, something other than ribbon.

So, since I've been on a "bouquet" kick lately, I thought I would make my Valentine's Day Bouquet a little early.  Ready for some cute "LOVE" overload???
  

Awwwww...can't you just feel the love???  :)  Now, normally I don't do this, but I am going to give you a list of the main products I used because they are not all going to fit in my "labels" section.

My Creative Time
100% Sweetness
Build A Banner Kit
Fancy Frame Stamp & Die set
Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies
Stitched Oval Die
Whimsical Calendar Days
XL Label Die
You Had Me At Chocolate

Peachy Keen Stamps
Everyday Character Face Asst.
Winter Wonderland Face Asst.

Cricut Cartridges
A Child's Year
Ribbons & Rosettes
  
  
All of the rosettes are cut with the Ribbons & Rosettes ~ Cricut cartridge.   The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  All of the different patterned papers are from the SEI ~ With All My Heart paper stack, except for the two pieces behind the sweet heart couples - that is from Dooddlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  At the very top of the bouquet, I made a February calendar with the MCT~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set


The first super cute sweetheart power couple is cut with the heart die from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  Their faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I colored in their eyes with a White ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  I added some cute little cheeks with chalk.  I did a little stitching around the heart edges with a Black ~ Zig Writer pen.  The cute top hat is cut from the A Child's Year ~ Cricut cartridge.  I added some stitching around it with a White ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  I also added a cute little bow to the sweet little lady with some of The Twinery ~ Marashino Twine.  In the bottom right, I added a little sentiment from the MCT ~ You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set.  And I stamped it on a piece cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Oval Die which I cut in half.  All of the pieces are mounted onto the background shape which is cut with the MCT ~ XL Label Die.  And I used a few pop dots behind the two hearts for some dimension.


The super cute sweetheart power couple #2 is also cut with the heart die from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  Their cute little faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment.  I added the whites to their eyes and did a little stitching around the heart edges with a White ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  His little top hat is cut from the A Child's Year ~ Cricut cartridge.  And her little flower is from Offray.  I added another sweet little sentiment from the MCT ~ You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set.  And I stamped it onto a piece cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Oval Die which I cut in half.  All of the pieces are mounted to the background piece that is cut with the MCT ~ XL Label Die.  And I added some pop dots behind the two hearts for some dimension.


This super sweet cupid is from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  And I stamped it onto a shape cut with an EK Success Paper Shapers ~ Scallop Circle punch.


In the top left of this photo is a beautiful little heart cut with the heart die from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  Inside, is the gorgeous "love" stamp also from the same stamp set.  Below that and to the left, I used the MCT ~ Scallop Die and cut a piece out of Black ~ Creatology felt.  Inside, is a piece cut with the starburst die from the MCT~ Build A Banner Kit.  And inside that, I stamped the fun "XOXO" from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I added some simple dots to the tips of the starburst with a Red ~ Zig Writer pen.  To the right of that is another pretty rosette cut from the Ribbons & Rosettes ~ Cricut cartridge.  I used the MCT ~ Scallop Die  to cut another piece - this time from Red ~ Creatology felt.  Inside is a piece cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Circle Die.  And inside that I stamped the "LOVE" from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set


The pieces in this photo are exactly the same as the previous photo, just opposite color schemes.


In the bottom center, I used the MCT ~ Scallop Die to cut two pieces out of Pink ~ Creatology felt.  Inside are pieces cut with the starburst die from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  In the center of each, I stamped two different sentiments from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I used Versamark ~ Watermark ink and White ~ Stampendous embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiments.  And for the final piece, I used the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  And I stamped it onto a piece cut with the MCT ~ Fancy Frame Stamp & Die Set.  All the ink in the whole bouquet is either Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink or Technique Tuesday ~ Red ink.


Of course, I had to add a pretty bow.  It is made with Celebrate It ~ Valentine ribbon.  Around the outside of the holder, I also added Celebrate It ~ Made With Love -  felt  heart ribbon.  And inside the holder, you can see that I added Celebrate It ~ Made With Love - crinkle paper.


So for the "texture" portion of this project:  all the scallop shapes are cut from felt, there is a felt heart ribbon around the holder, there is crinkle paper inside, and I used a little twine bow and a little flower on the two lady hearts.

So how's that for a 3-D project???  I'm just loving it :)  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the My Creative Time ~ Design Team has created.  And if you want to take a closer look at any of the My Creative Time stamp sets that I used today - click HERE

Have a great day my creative friends!  I will see you back here tomorrow for a fun new My Creative Time feature!

~ Cassandra

19 comments :

Doris P. said...

OMG is all I can say!!! beautiful project today!! LOOOOVE IT!!! love the details and all the pks faces so adorable! parkernana4@aol.com
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

OMG FANTASTIC job with all the GORGEOUS details,Just AMAZING!LOVE IT:)

Christine said...

Just love the rosettes...I can see this will be my next cartridge purchase LOL.
Love the bouquet, will make a great center piece.
--C

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! This is absolutely adorable!!! Everything about it is just perfect, Cassandra!

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Love all the details!! Awesome job!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is just so fun! holidays at your home must be a blast!

~ Lori ~ said...

Wow...that is a lot of work! Very cute project!

Kate said...

I am just so in love with this project. So Gorgeous.

Hugs,
Kate

Army Wife Stamps said...

Love it! Making it today!! Can you tell me what size you cut your rosettes out ? Also, forgive me for for being dense, but do you use floral sponge to stick your sticks into? or just the paper? I fear it would not stand up if I just used the paper.

Amazing! Love love LOVE all your bouquets!

Val
dvszymanski@aol.com

Glora said...

Your bouquets are the BEST!!!! I want to try one but don't even know where to start! All of the products and details are absolutely perfect! You are amazing! Hugs- Glora

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an awesome project. Love the detail that went into each "flower" in your bouquet. Adorable. TFS

CREATIVE M said...

OMG!AMAZING!AMAZING!AMAZING! Oh did I forget to say AMAZING!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

This is just way to much fun! Love all the little touches. Awesome

Nancy said...

Hi Cassandra, you are indeed the queen of centerpieces but this one is really sensational. I also was wondering what size you cut your rosettes. Thanks for all the pictures and details. Nancy
4walkers14@comcast.net

diana creations said...

its so pretty center pieces great job

lindagk23 said...

OMGOSH! Cassandra your project is adorable!!! I love all the details and love the PKS faces too! You did an awesome job! Thanks for sharing!
lindagk23

Trell said...

This is so amazing Cassandra!!

Rosie said...

WOW!!! every single projecdt is awesome!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

This is absolutely the most awesome bouquet I've ever seen! I LOVE it! You need to start you a business I know you could sell a ton of them! Your projects always blow me away you are one talented lady! Hugs, Leanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...