Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  Welcome to 2012  :)   Let's start the New Year off right . . . today is "3-D Wednesday" at My Creative Time.  The idea is to make a treat box or treat holder or any other 3-D project.  And my assignment was to showcase the 100% Sweetness stamp set.


Since we are getting close to Valentine's Day, I thought I would also incorporate some chocolate . . . yummy!


The super cute cone treat holders are cut from the Tie the Knot ~ Cricut cartridge.  Inside the treat cones are yummy Hershey's Kisses.  (I won't tell you how many I ate while trying to take these photos . . . they kept spilling out everywhere . . . lol).


The plain white cardstock  for this treat cone is Recollections.  The fun heart ribbon is from Celebrate It ~ Valentine.  In the center of the bow, I used the starburst die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And in the center I stamped the "Kiss Me" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  The pink cardstock is from Recollections.


At the top of the treat cone, I used the "Hugs & Kisses" heart stamps from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  Aren't they so cute????  The ink is Technique Tuesday ~ black & red ink


The red polka dot patterned paper for this treat cone is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  The beautiful ribbon is from Celebrate It ~ Valentine


In the center of the bow, I used the starburst die again from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit. And I stamped the "Be Mine" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.   I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.  The black cardstock is from Recollections.


One little tip when assembling your treat cones - I would make sure and use a hot glue gun for your adhesive.  It needs to be a good strong stick.  Also, if you plan to make a few of these for Valentine's Day treats, I might also suggest attaching a handle from the top, maybe with pipe cleaners.  I didn't do that for these, because the chocolate kisses were a little too heavy and I didn't want the cardstock to rip.  But if you used candy hearts or some other small candy, I think a handle would be great . . . they are impossible to stand on their own (hence the reason I had to eat so many of the run away kisses every time they tipped over LOL).

Well that's it for today my crafty friends.  Make sure you check out all the other 3-D creations from my fellow My Creative Time ~ Design Team members.  You don't want to miss all the creative inspiration.  And if you want to take a closer look at the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set that I showcased today or any other My Creative Time products - click HERE

Have a great week my friends!  See you soon...

~Cassandra

19 comments :

Glora said...

YUMMY chocolate spilling that had to be eaten!!! I love it, you are too cute and I would have done the same thing! These turned out so cute. I love the little hearts across the top of the first one. And the patterned paper for the second one. You always make such gorgeous bows too! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

liz at liz's paper loft said...

darling cones! oh and I can just picture you chasing the kisses...almost like "I love Lucy" lol!!!

Jeanne said...

These turned out adorable!! I guess I've missed this cut on this cartridge. Maybe I should stop buying cartridges, and explore the ones I already have! Great job!! :)

Carolyn said...

What a great valentine. I have some people who are going to love this. Thanks. Oh yes. I have to get that stamp set.

Brenda said...

these are lovely! I love the ribbon and the papers you used!

thanks for sharing

Christine said...

Love this idea. Great job. TFS
I especially liked the stamped hugs & kisses around the top scalloped edge.
--c

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, I've never seen that cone treat holder cut before. Too cute! I love how you stamped the hugs & kisses & hugs, etc. around the rim. And your bows are perfect!

Leanne said...

Omg girlie this is ADORABLE!! I love how you stamped the hearts around the top and I agree with Glora your bows are always perfect!! I also giggled when I read about you eatting the kisses I always have to hurry and take photos if I'm using candy because if I don't I'll eat it all before I get my picture taken hee hee hugs, Leanne

Kate said...

Your project is AMAZING Cassandra. I just love it. I am definitely craving some candy now.

Hugs,
Kate

Craft Me This said...

Love it Love it. I am going to bring this to my craft club for them to see.
craftmethis@gmail.com

Cathryn said...

So cute Cassandra! The ribbon is fabulous! :)

Lisa said...

Awesome, love the ribbons.

Rosie said...

omg these are adorable!!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

CREATIVE M said...

Super Cute!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

of course, the one cartridge I don't have and NEED now.. Totally love your heart cone!! ideas for the kids classes! parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Your cones are so beautiful,Cassandra!! Great...great idea! I Love the ribbons! The fit perfectly! :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Your project turned out so beautiful. Chocolate is always good and goes with everything. Only eat the ones that land right side up...they are begging to be eaten! :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

This is such a SWEET project, AWESOME job!I LOVE the idea,the great ribbon and the stamps,TOO CUTE!Have a nice evening!:)

Sherrie K. said...

Great Valentine's project!! I love the cone shaped yummy treats and I LOVE the ribbon your used:) So cute! Fantastic job on showcasing Emma's great stamps set!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...