Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Madness . . . . Imagine That !

Good morning everyone!  Welcome to another "Monday Madness . . . Imagine That" with My Creative Time.  For my project today ~ I am making a card, using the Cricut ~ Imagine, with the colors: Teal, Red & Chocolate Brown, and showcasing the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set

Now I have to admit . . . just like Emma last week . . . I totally had an oops and goofed on my project . . . LOL.  After I made my card, I realized that I totally forgot to use my Imagine!  How silly is that when "Imagine" is in the title of the post?!?!


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The teal cardstock is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  For the teal background piece, I used the EK Success ~ Scalloped Scallop border punch.  (BTW . . . it goes perfectly with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop Die!)  On the red background piece, I used the Cuttlebug ~ Polka Dots embossing folder.


In the center of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies and the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set for the sentiment.  On each side, I used the small stitched circle die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The numbers are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa ink and Technique Tuesday ~ Red ink.


In the bottom right corner of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set  for the funny sentiment.  And I used Versamark ~ Watermark ink and White ~ Stampendous embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment.  The bow is made with Sheer Creations ribbon.


So once I was all done with my card and realized I totally forgot to use my Imagine . . . LOL . . . I decided to make another card.  Also, with this second card I decided to use the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set in a totally different way - for something other than birthdays - to show you how versatile Emma's stamps can be.


Ok, now for this card I did use my Cricut ~ Imagine hee hee.  The beautiful brown patterned piece in the background is printed from the Imagine More Cards ~ Imagine cartridge.  The teal patterned paper that I used for the scallop shapes is printed from the Country Carnival ~ Imagine cartridge.  The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The shapes down the center of the card are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.


The "A Special Time To Celebrate" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  If you look closely you will see that I alternated each circle with "A Special Time To" at the top and then "Celebrate" at the top.  I also overlapped the shapes just a bit.  The "L-O-V-E" letters are from the square LOVE stamp in the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  Instead of stamping them altogether like they are in the square stamp, I only stamped one letter in each circle.

Here are some closer shots:



The pretty bow is made with Sheer Creations ribbon.


And for the final one at the bottom, I used the "Feb 14" stamp from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  All the ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa ink and Technique Tuesday ~ Red ink.


One last thing, I used pop dots behind all the scallop shapes for a little extra dimension.


Well that's it for today my creative friends.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the My Creative Time ~ Design Team has created.  And if you want to take a closer look at the two stamp sets I showcased here today ~ All Around Birthday Time & 100% Sweetness click HERE.  

I will see you all back here really soon.  Have a great week!

~ Cassandra

16 comments :

Cindy said...

WOW! I love both of your cards!! Awesome idea with the numbers on the first one! I love how tall the second is and another awesome idea,with the scalloped circles and the letters!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with both cards!I LOVE your great idea and colors,TOO CUTE!Have a nice day!:)

Cathryn said...

Both cards are gorgeous Cassandra! My favorite is the second one, beautiful! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

Both of your cards turned out just adorable, Cassandra!!! I love how you used the stitched circles to spell out love on the Valentine, and using the little circles from the banner kit for the birthday card was the perfect idea with that sentiment!

Jeanne said...

These cards are perfect!! I love these colors together! Fabulous job!

Glora said...

These are both BEAUTIFUL!!!! And on the second one I just LOVE how perfectly the letters from that LOVE sentiment fits in the center of the circles. I'm SO going to have to try that. It is beautiful! Hugs- Glora

jen said...

Great job on your cards...I love the second one! tfs
hugs,jen

Live Love and Scrap said...

BOTH of your cards are GORGEOUS!!!

I had to laugh at your "oops" moment. I am on the Scrappy Mom's DT and a few weeks ago... I had a huge "oops"moment!!! I made my project and forgot to include a SCRAPPY MOMS STAMP....uh DUH!!!! LOL =)

Your "oops" turned out GREAT cause you got another awesome card out of it!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Kate said...

Wow Both cards look amazing. I love what you did with the first one.

Hugs,
Kate

L.B. said...

Love these all around stamps...need to get some soon. Thanks for the heads up on Liz's Paper loft!!

Christine said...

I just love the bday card....3..45..6 remids me of that joke...why is six afraid of seven...because 7,8,9...LOL (seven, 'ate', nine) tee hee.
And I really like the Valentine's card going lengthwise. Good job! --C

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, both of your cards are soooo PRETTY! I love the brown and red!

~ Lori ~ said...

Very nice! Both cards are really pretty.

Mimi said...

Very cute! The fact that you "forgot" to use your Imagine just meant we got a double dose of your creativity!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

the three colors are awesome together!! love your cards
parkernana4@aol.com
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

You are so freaking talented! I love everything you do!! These cards so totally rock! Love all the details in them both! Hugs, Leanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...