Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday Madness ~ Imagine That with My Creative Time

Happy Monday everyone!  And welcome to another "Monday Madness ~ Imagine That" with My Creative Time.  For our projects today ~ we are using our Cricut Imagine machines and making a "shaped" card, plus - I am featuring the My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.

I haven't made very many "shaped" cards in my crafting career, so this was a little new for me.  They are kinda simple, but I hope you like them:


All of the papers for these cards are printed from the Bubblegum Stripes ~ Cricut Imagine cartridge.  And these cute birthday presents are cut from the Birthday Bash ~ Cricut cartridge.  

For those of you who don't have an Imagine, listen to this - this is soooo cool:  on the Cricut Imagine there are two slots for cartridges.  The slot on the left is for a regular Cricut cartridge. And the slot on the right is for the Imagine cartridge.  Wait for it . . . you can actually select an image (like this birthday present) and then "flood-fill" it with a color or pattern from the Imagine cartridge!  How unbelievably cool is that?!?!?!  No more wasting paper by printing a full sheet of patterned paper and then cutting out the image.  You just fill the image with the color or pattern and then it cuts it out!!!!  Sooooo cool!


So for this first present, I used a solid color for the present and the polka dot print for the bow/ribbon.  I added a cute little tag cut with the tag dies from the My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.  The "Birthday Wishes" sentiment is from that same stamp set.


Here you can see how I borrowed a little technique from Miss Emma and I added a giant brad in the center of the bow to connect both the front and back of the card.  Then the card just swivels open.  How fun is that?  

Another little tip ~ in order to get the front and back halves of the card to line up correctly - when cutting them out on the Imagine, I used the "flip" feature to print and cut the back half of the card.  That way they are actually flipped around and printed and cut the opposite way so they line up perfectly. Does that make sense?  Hope so  :)  In the bottom left corner, I stamped the "Happy Happy Birthday" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.


Here is a second card printed with the polka dot print as the present and the solid color for the bow/ribbon.


The "Wish Big" sentiment for this second card is also from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.


Ok, now for the girly pink version  :)


Oh, I forgot to mention that I used some white ~ DMC floss for the little bows attached to the tags.




Well, they're pretty simple, but I think they turned out great for my first real "shaped" cards.  That's it for today my friends. I will see you back here really soon.  Have a great week  :)

~ Cassandra

8 comments :

Cindy said...

AWESOME job with your sweet birthday cards!They are sooo fun and cute!!:)

Glora said...

These turned out SO cute!!!!! I just love the boy and the girl versions. You are awesome! Hugs- Glora

Christine said...

I love these cards and the 'swivel'. Does your gypsy work with the Imagine too? I'm jealous! LOL I've got enough on my hands learning my gypsy and so far I'm lovin' it.
Have a great day.
--C

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards--nice to have a little different size, too.

Grandma Nan

Cindy said...

These are amazing!! I love them!! Love the papers!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

quilt4fun2 said...

After much thought I finally bought a Cricut Expression and then shortly after here came the Imagine :( There is no way I will be allowed another machine of any kind and lucky to have the Expression :D The Imagine does look like an awesome machine...thanks for showing one of the great things it can do...didn't know that you could fill. Great job on your cards and I love the large brads!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

Beautiful cards Cassandra! I'm surprised you didn't run out of ink!!! Great job! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kim H said...

Oh these are to perfect and cute too! Great idea for birthday card!
tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...