Saturday, January 28, 2012

Market Street Stamps ~ Jan Block Party

Hello everyone!  Recently, I discovered Market Street Stamps.  I'm sure many of you already know about them, but thanks to my blogging  buddy Glora - I am now hooked.  :)  I've also found out that they have some fun challenges on their blog.  So today I am entering my first challenge with them.  It's the Market Street Stamps ~ January Block Party.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a new project with MSS stamps!  It can be anything (cards, layouts, altered items, etc.) - be creative and have FUN!

So here is my very first card using Market Street Stamps:


The black card base is from Recollections.  The red scalloped background piece is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The papers for the scalloped piece and the three top hearts are from the K & Company ~ KP Valentine paper pad. The white background cardstock and the pink cardstock for the bottom heart are from Recollections.  The super fun background stamp is the Market Street Stamps ~ Too Many Martinis.  I stamped it with Technique Tuesday ~ black ink. Then I colored in some of the circles with red & pink ~ Prismacolor pencils and blended it with Odorless Mineral Spirits. 


The beautiful hearts are cut with the heart die in the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  For the red heart, I did some stitching with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  And for the pink heart, I added the "Be Mine!" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ Be Mine mini stamp set.


For the pink heart in the upper right corner, I did some stitching with a Salmon ~ Zig Writer pen.  And for the pretty rose patterned heart, I added a little bow with white ~ DMC floss.


To add a little extra sparkle, I added some pretty little pink & red flower gems from my stash.

Well, that's it for today.  Wish me luck in the challenge!  This was a super fun card to make and I just love how it turned out. I think I'm really gonna love these new background stamps!!   ;)

Have a great rest of the weekend my friends.  I will see you all back here tomorrow.

~ Cassandra

6 comments :

Glora said...

Girl, you are amazing. This is beautiful. The flowers and hearts just make that background pop! Terrific job! I LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

Vivi Martínez said...

How beautiful!
Love what you made with that background stamp. Very cute card!

Shelly said...

So cute! Love the little pops of sparkle! I must check out MSS.
Shelly

Amy said...

Oh I LOVE how you have dressed up this awesome MSS background stamp! Thanks for coming to the Block Party at Market Street Stamps!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great card...I like how you did many different hearts...the rose one adds more movement for me.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra,
Yes I am still here ~ stocker at this point! I just can't seem to leave your blog! What a PRETTY card! I love what you did for the background too! The extra bling just sparklers perfectly!
tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...