Sunday, December 18, 2011

Simply Crafts Challenge

Hello everyone!  Congrats to all the winners from the My Creative Time ~ 12 Days of Christmas!  I think I have finally started to recover.  LOL.  Today, I have a really quick challenge entry.  It's the Simply Crafts ~ December 2011 Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make any kind of project using the "stocking cut" on the Jolly Holidays ~ Cricut Lite cartridge. 

I wasn't going to post this because I didn't like how my card turned out.  I had a house full of people over to watch the Arizona Cardinals football game and I just didn't have enough time to step it up...so here is my quick and simple card entry:



The black and white cardstock are from Recollections.  All of the patterned papers are from the Recollections ~ Bright & Jolly paper stack.  I cut the cute little stockings from the Jolly Holidays ~ Cricut cartridge.  I added Xmas Red ~ Stickles to the one on the left.  And I added Lime Green ~ Stickles to the one on the right.  I also added some cute little Recollections ~ pearls to both stockings.  At the top of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die - which I cut in half.  I used the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set for the border.  And I used the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set for the sentiment.  The ink is Memento ~ Tuxedo Black.   

That's it.  I totally think it's missing something, but I guess not all cards have to be fancy-shmancy right?  Make sure you head on over to the Simply Crafts blog.  It was just started a couple of months ago by two great gals Glora & Pam and they are having a new challenge every month. Give it a try...it's a whole lotta fun!  

Well, I hope you all have a great week!  I will be back in a few days with another Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge entry.  See you soon  :)

~Cassandra

4 comments :

Kate said...

Your card is perfection. I love it.

Hugs,
Kate

Christine said...

I love the glitter and pearls you added. Oh so cute, and simplistic! Heading over to Simply Crafts now!!!
--C

Simply Pam said...

I love how you did a mirror image w/ Christmas colors. Very cool and so cute! Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

Pam

Glora said...

I think it's adorable. I love the glitter and pearls. I also love the half green half red look. Very cool! Thanks for being so supportive and joining in the Simply Crafts Challenge again! You are AWESOME! Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...