Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  Can you believe this week is Christmas?!?!  Where has the time gone?  Well, I'm here today with another challenge entry.  Today it's the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #67 : Designer's Choice.  The guidelines for this challenge:  It's "Designer's Choice".  Create a card or layout with your Peachy Keen Stamps.  Yes, once in awhile we ask that you use your Peachy Keen Stamps to play and today is one of those days!  Create ANYTHING you'd like, but you MUST use your Peachy Keen Stamps!  Project must be new, created for this challenge.



Here is my entry:



The card base and the black cardstock are from Recollections.  The red and green pieces are from the Coredinations ~ Vintage Collection.  The super cute power couple (lol) are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Christmas Heads stamp set.  And their faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  Instead of using  my colored pencils like usual, I tried out my Copic Markers to color in the cute couple.  I didn't do any fancy shading or anything, still have to practice that a bit.  I used a Black (100) ~ Copic Marker for the hats; a Cadmium Orange (YR07) ~ Copic Marker for their noses; and a Rose Red (R85) ~ Copic Marker for their tongues.  I added a little chalk for some cheeks.  And on the snowlady's hat I used Green ~ Stickles.  And on the snowman's hat I used Xmas Red ~ Stickles.  On top of the black piece of cardstock, I added a pretty piece of Paper Pizazz ~ Hearts & Dots Vellum.  The sentiment at the top of the card is from the My Creative Time ~ Mixed Holiday Sentiments.  And the sentiment on the bottom of the card is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments.  The red and green pieces were cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.

Now...wanna hear a funny story? My mother is a professional photographer. So growing up we always had fun family photo Christmas cards. Then when I got into crafting, I started making my own fun family photo Christmas cards. Basically, what I'm getting at is that Christmas cards are a HUGE tradition in my family. Well, this year...I was so excited about all of my projects for the My Creative Time ~ 12 Days of Christmas...that I totally forgot about my Christmas cards!!!!! I never even came up with a design or a photo or anything!!! In fact, I didn't even remember until we got our first Christmas card in the mail last week. Holy Cow...talk about panic LOL. Well, thank goodness for great products right?  This card was so easy to make using my favorite PKS & MCT products, that I decided to whip out 59 more of them!!!  Phew, got them in the mail just in time!  Hopefully everyone will get them before Christmas. 

Here is another card that is exactly the same, just using a different pattern vellum called Paper Pizazz ~ Swirls Vellum:


For some extra fun little laughs...I thought I would show you our picture inside.  Most of the time we try to do a nice pretty/serious picture, but this time we went for a bit of fun humor:


If you knew my husband...this would totally make you laugh!   ;)

Well my crafty friends, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!  I will see you all back here again soon!

~Cassandra

10 comments :

LindaV said...

I haven't met him but it is a hilarious pic all the same. Really made me LOL. And I just love the card!!!!! PK is gonna get my order after the holidays.

Merry Christmas my friend.

Glora said...

This card is AWESOME!!!! 60 of these?! Wow you are awesome! And your picture is so fun too! Merry Christmas! Hugs- Glora

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card and what a fun photo!
I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

Linda Harris said...

Love it Cassandra!!!! Hugs to you this Christmas Season!!!

Kate said...

This is just so cute and I love that picture of you and your hubby. Fun Christmas card. I wanted to answer your sweet comment on my blog but I don't have your email. Email me girlie.

Hugs,
Kate

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

fabulous, can't believe you just whipped up 60 cards, but it is a lot easier when you know exactly what your doing right, LOL Great pic of you and your hubby, I love that you decided to make it fun and I bet everyone else will as well. gl

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well Cassandra!
Cindy :)

Christine said...

Ha! Just re'cd your card and I love it! Tell Dan it's his best pic yet! LOL Can't wait to see you next week.
Have a GREAT Christmas! --C

Viv said...

Wow, what a trooper!!! You did GOOD! Love your card and how lovely to have a hubby with a great sense of humour! Thanks for helping to make our last DT challenge so enjoyable.
Merry Christmas! xxx

Janice W. said...

Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at PKS! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Lisa B said...

OMG I am laughing at that pic because that would be my hubby! Don't feel bad I never even sent mine out. I always end out doing happy new year cards because I am never on time. I am still trying to grasp that you made so many of them.
Thank you for playing along with our last challenge as designers for Peachy keen Stamps. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2012.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...