Thursday, November 24, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for another challenge entry.  Today, it's the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #65 - with a Twist.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card or layout and use paper piecing in your project.  Project must include basic elements and layout from the sketch (feel free to flip anything).  Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them, we looooove seeing how you create with them!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my entry:


The patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Winter Magic paper stack.  The two circles are cut from the stock images on the Cricut ~ Imagine.  For the white circle, I used the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The beautiful blue shape inside the white circle is cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  My super cute little snowman is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Christmas Heads stamp set. His adorable little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  And I colored him in with Prismacolor pencils and added a little chalk for his cheeks.  All the ink is Memento ~ Tuxedo Black.


Now, for the paper piecing twist:  I cut out the hat and the band separately.  For the hat, I colored it in with a black ~ Prismacolor pencil and used Odorless Mineral Spirits for the blending.  I popped the hat up off the snowman with some little pop dots for extra dimension.  For the band, I actually colored it in with a blue ~ Prismacolor pencil and then added Stardust ~ Stickles for the sparkle.  You can't really tell that it's blue in this picture, but it is  ;)  If you have never tried paper piecing, give it a go!  I have always liked the layering look . . . it's a great way to get some extra dimension.


This fun shape and border was made with the My Creative Time ~ Fancy Frame Stamp and Die set.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Mixed Holiday Sentiments stamp set.  I added two little Queen & Co. ~ Brilliant Blue Pearls.  And I used the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug embossing folder on the black strip.


Well my creative friends, that's it for today.  See you again soon!

~Cassandra

6 comments :

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Awww this is so stinkin' cute!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps! :)

♥ Nikki ♥

Glora said...

Oh boy did this turn out cute or what?!!!!! I just LOVE it! I just ordered these darling Faceless Christmas Heads and I CANNOT wait to get them in my hands!!! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

OMG This is so cute and so funny. We must've been thinking alike because I have the same card going up tomorrow with paper, image and everything, LOL. Beautiful Card like always my friend.

Hugs,
Kate

LindaV said...

Really cute! I love the blues and the face of the snowman.

Janice W. said...

This is so cute! I just commented on someone's card with the same image and shades of blue. Must have been Kate's. I have to go back and look. :) Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

love your card, the dp is pretty and your image is awesome I enjoy paper piecing also, it's fun and give dimension to your stamped images. Love the hat great job and that face ohhhh that face..... :)

cinpot@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...