Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  I'm back with another challenge entry.  Today, it's the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #64.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card or layout based on the sketch provided.  Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them we looooove seeing how you create with them!  Project must be new and must include basic elements and layout from the sketch (feel free to flip anything).

Here's the sketch:


And here is my entry:


The solid black and the solid white cardstock are from Recollections.  The blue snowflake patterned paper is from the Recollections ~ Holly Jolly paper pad.  The two black pieces are cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  The border is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set.  I embossed the snowflakes with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder

The super cute penguins are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Christmas Heads and their faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I colored them in with Prismacolor ~ pencils and blended it with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  In case you want to see the before and after of what that looks like...here is a picture:


The boy penguin on the left is done with the Prismacolor ~ pencils only.  The girl penguin on the right is colored and then blended with the Odorless Mineral Spirits.  Don't you just love the difference???  The color is so much more vibrant.


The blue patterned background is punched with the Martha Stewart ~ Drippy Goo punch at the bottom to look a little like icicles.  In the center is a starburt and stitched circle cut with dies from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  In the center and on the white strip is the cutest little sentiment "Love You..." from the My Creative Time ~ This & That stamp set.  I added some white dots to the tips of the starburst with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  And I added a few little gems with my Imaginisce ~ I-Rock tool.  Oh, and I can't forget about the cute little bow for the girl penguin, it's from The Twinery ~ Caribbean twine.


Well, that's it for today.  Aren't they are just soooo cute!  I'm gonna need to get a second job just to keep buying Peachy Keen Stamps....I LOVE THEM!!!!  See you back here soon with an awesome patriotic card to celebrate all of our veterans.  Have a great day!

~Cassandra

11 comments :

Cindy said...

WOW,i love this card Cassandra! Love the black and blue!! The penguins are super cute!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Kate said...

AWW this is just way to Adorable for words. Awesome job like always Cassandra.

Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

So adorable!!! I love the colors and the CUTE penguins!!!

Jovan said...

This is so ADORABLE!

Glora said...

SO super darling! I seriously LOVE how perfect those little PK stamps are for Emma's XL Label Die!!! I LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

My Creative Time said...

Hey there Missy! AWESOME job w/the challenge my sweet friend!;)
Peachy Hugs,
Emma;)

Lisa B - Our2angelsinheaven said...

This card is flippin' adorable!! I adore your take on it and your made those penguins look even cuter!!!
Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps. Hope to see you next week! Good luck!

Viv said...

Aww what a cute pair of little sweethearts! you rocked the challenge Cassandra! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. x

Janice W. said...

I love the colors you chose and those penguins are adorable! Thanks for sharing the gamsol comparison. Great job with the PK challenge! Good luck!

Annette said...

This is adorable! I love the color combo too!

Lorie said...

So cute, Cassandra! I saw this in the PK Connection and thought it was adorable then. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and playing along with the PKS Challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...