Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ "Let's Face It Friday" Challenge

Hello everyone!  Today, I have another challenge entry.  Its the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Let's Face It Friday : Holiday Recipe Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  We want you to create a card or layout holding your favorite holiday recipe.  Don't forget to Peachify your creation!  Project must be new and must include Peachy Keen Faces.

Here is my entry (I think it turned out soooo cute!) . . .


Ok, I have to say right up front that I did not make that pumpkin bread in the photo.  :(  Anyone who knows me, knows that I did not get the cooking gene LOL.  It is however a picture of one of my favorite recipes that my mother makes.  Pumpkin bread . . . mmmmmmm goood !!!

The background patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Harvest Gathering paper stack.  The little pumpkin and flower centerpiece are also from that paper stack . . . I actually hand cut it out to use as an embellishment.


For the center of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die to cut out a beautifully shaped opening.  On the outside edges of the card, I tied up some raffia with ribbon from my stash to look like corn stalks.  Then for the stars of the card ~ may I introduce the brand new Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Scarecrow Boy & Scarecrow Girl: 



Aren't they just the cutest things ever?!?!?!  I don't have the brand new little dies that go with them yet, so I hand cut them out.  And then I colored them both in with Prismacolor pencils.  I used pop dots behind them to give everything some dimension.


On the inside of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set for the border.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.  I used a Marvy Uchida ~ circle punch to cut out the picture of the pumpkin bread. 

Doesn't it look yummy enough to eat???  Now if I did cook/bake, I think this card would go perfectly with this little treat as a present for a neighbor or co-worker.  But since I don't cook/bake, I'm just gonna keep this little cutie on my shelf in my craftroom . . . I just LOVE it !!!  ;)


I have to say that I think this is one of my most favorite creations!!!  Unfortunately though, the cuteness of it has sparked my addiction to want to buy all the other new PKS matching little stamps/dies sets.  Oh dear . . . I can hear my checkbook screaming now.  LOL 

Well that's all folks.  I will see you back here soon.  I have another PKS challenge entry to show you.  Until then . . . HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

~Cassandra

5 comments :

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Pumpkin Bread sounds really really good this morning with my coffee :-)
I love the card and the embellishments used, like the corn husks on the side.

elwalten said...

What an adorable layout. The scrarecrows are so cute!! And I agree with you, your mom makes the BEST pumpkin bread.

Glora said...

YUMMY pumpkin bread. And what a perfect way to have dressed it up!!!! I love it! And I want all of those too? Did you get the e-mail about the PKS stamp sale? HOLY COW, I'm in trouble but with such awesome saving how can I go wrong. I think I will be on there at 12:01 am sharp! Beautiful job on this!!! Those scarecrows are the cutest and I love the stalks you made and put next to them too! Hugs- Glora

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

ohhh that sounds so yummy, I don't think I have ever had pumpkin bread! Will have to try it some time ;)ty for sharing it

Kim Score said...

yes, this did turn out great! I love the look of the raised frame behind it. thanks for playing along on the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...