Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Madness . . . . Imagine That !

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my very first "Monday Madness . . . Imagine That" with My Creative Time.  For my assignment today, I was asked to make a project of my choice using the Cricut Imagine and showcasing the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  I've had my Imagine for a few months now, but I still consider myself a newbie with it because I haven't used it all that much.  It took me awhile to get started, but after a few minutes it all came back to me and everything went pretty smoothly.  Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner and my husband & I will be hosting it this year, I decided to make a centerpiece for our dinner table.  Here it is:


Absolutely all the paper in this project is printed with the Imagine.  What do you think???  It turned out so much better than I envisioned it.  It took me forever to place all the flowers in there.  You should see the floral foam, it looks like swiss cheese...LOL.   Here is a closer shot:


The super cute turkeys are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  Their fun little pilgrim hats are cut from the Thanksgiving ~ Cricut cartridge


For turkey #1, the patterned body is printed from the Country Carnival ~ Imagine cartridge.  The solid body is printed from the Lori's Garden ~ Imagine cartridge.  The hat is printed from the Kate's Kitchen ~ Imagine cartridge, with the band printed from the Best Friends ~ Imagine cartridge.  I used some Cinnamon ~ Stickles for the little buckle on the hat.  The face is from Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  And I used a red and a yellow ~ Zig Writer pen to color it in.  I also used some chalk for the cheeks and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes.  My favorite part: for all three turkeys - I used flowers from my stash and folded them in half to look like feathers.


For turkey #2, the patterned body is printed from the Kate's Kitchen ~ Imagine cartridge.  The solid body is printed from the Best Friends ~ Imagine cartridge.  The hat and the face are the same as turkey #1.


For turkey #3, the patterned body is printed from the Heirloom ~ Imagine cartridge.  The solid body is printed from the Hopscotch ~ Imagine cartridge.  And the hat and the face are the same as the first two turkeys.

For all of the flowers ~ the flower base is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop Circle Die. The center starburst is cut with a die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit and the paper is printed from the Heirloom ~ Imagine cartridge. The letters are from the My Creative Time ~ Anyday Bingo & Crossword stamp set and stamped with Memento ~ Rich Cocoa ink. I also added dots to the tips of the starburst with a brown ~ Zig Writer pen.  And I used pop dots behind the starbursts to give it a little dimension.


Now for the patterned paper for all the flowers:

The "T" flower is printed from the Heirloom ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "H" flower is printed from the Imagine More ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "A" flower is printed from the Imagine More ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "N" flower is printed from the Imagine More ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "K" flower is printed from the Best Friends ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "S" flower is printed from the Blast Off ~ Imagine cartridge.


The "G" flower is printed from the Hopscotch ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "I" flower is printed from the Audrey ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "V" flower is printed from the Heirloom ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "I" flower is printed from the Country Carnival ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "N" flower is printed from the Imagine More ~ Imagine cartridge.
The "G" flower is printed from the Best Friends ~ Imagine cartridge.


For the cute little pumpkins in the front ~ the circles are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die.  The pumpkin is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set. And I colored them in with Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment around the pumpkin is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.  The sign in the front is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Curly Label Die.  The border is from the My Creative Time ~ Inspiring Words Accents stamp set.  And the super fun sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Small Talk stamp set.  All the ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.  The sticks are called Woodsies that I got from Michaels.  If you look closely, I added some straw inside to hide the green floral foam.  And the absolutely gorgeous ribbon is from Celebrate It ~ Harvest collection.


I sure hope you have enjoyed my very first official My Creative Time Design Team project.  And I hope you can see just how awesome printing paper with Imagine can be!!!

Don't forget, if you haven't already, head on over to My Creative Time to see what Emma and the other Design Team members have made for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I will see you again tomorrow.  Have a great day!

~Cassandra

13 comments :

Kate said...

WOW! This is just AMAZING Cassandra. Awesome job indeed for your first post. I'm sure you are doing Emma so proud showcasing her stamps.

Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! This looks like a lot of work, Cassandra! But so worth it! Fantastic details!!!

cdm317 said...

Holy Moly! That is amazing! Gorgeous!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Amazing!!!! I love it thanks for breaking down the information I can't wait to see more of your stuff. I already have enjoyed seeing your projects before making the DT and I just can't wait to see what you have in store now. You are truely one amazing crafter.

Glora said...

This is the best Thanksgiving center piece EVER!!!! You are incredible! I love all the beautiful Imagine papers that you used and I LOVE the pilgrim hat on the turkey instead of the one that it comes with on the Create a Critter cartridge. And of course, I'm loving the way that used Emma's stamps and dies to perfection! Awesome job!!!! You definitely ROCKED your first official project! Hugs- Glora

Candy said...

Great job! Love your centerpiece!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow this is over the top cool!

Linsey said...

Cassandra, I saw your project on Emma's blog and had to come over immediately to see all the deets on your Thanksgiving centerpiece--or rather, masterpiece!!! This is really terrific. Really. I'm gonna try one too and I can only hope that mine is half as awesome as yours! SO SUPER INSPIRING! And who cares about the swiss cheese foam, all we see on the outside is a wonderful, happy centerpiece! Thanks for creating it, that's somethin to be thankful for! hugs

L.B. said...

This is going to be the talk of the table this year. Love it.
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

Sandy from Ukiah said...

This is just so so cute, I would love to try to make one, but I didn't see the sizes you cut them out at .. :-( Would you mind sharing the sizes? (don't tell Miss Katie I said anything about sizes... LOL I always get on to her when she doesn't put the sizes). I have most of the carts u listed , I don't think I have Blast off but I could use something else for that one. I probably won't find time to make one of these but it is so so adorable .. I am sure Miss Emma is going to be so happy with your project ... Thanks for sharing.. Sorry I rattled on and on - it just so cute I couldn't help it.

Cindy said...

Oh WOW!!! This is so awesome,Cassandra!!! I SO love what you did here!!! WOW!!! :)
Cindy

Rosie said...

This is so gobbling cute!!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.ocm

Jeanne said...

Wow Cassandra! your project is fabulous!! You did a great job incorporating so many patterns from the Imagine cartridges. Your turkeys are adorable too! This will look perfect for your Thanksgiving party! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...