Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

Hello everyone!  Today I wanted to share a card in celebration of all the wonderful Veteran's who have served to protect the freedoms of our wonderful country.   Happy Veteran's Day and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!


The cardstock is from Recollections.  The black background piece is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  This super cute little couple are the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Gingerbread Dolls.  If you think the boy looks a little different - he does - I cut off his chef's hat to look more like a little sailor hat.  I colored them in with Prismacolor ~ pencils and blended it with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I added some little white stars that I punched with a McGill ~ star hand punch.  The sentiment at the bottom is from the My Pink Stamper ~ Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  I embossed it with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.   And the stars in the corners are from the My Creative Time ~ My Little Firecracker stamp set and they are stamped with blue and red ~ Technique Tuesday ink

Once again...a big THANK YOU to all of our men and women who have served to protect our country...especially you Dad ~ HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY !!!  Love you :)

~Cassandra

PS----next week is Sneaky Peek Week over at My Creative Time...you don't want to miss it...it's gonna be a good one!!!!!  See you soon...

3 comments :

Craft Me This said...

First Congratulation on becoming one of Emma's DT.
I would feel the same. So exciting.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes I did use a flower for her hair. Cut it in half. It is the little things that make the difference.

Rosa said...

what a sweet veteran card.remind of how luck we are to have the freedom we have thank you for your comment

Glora said...

These little patriotic gingers are ADORABLE!!!! I just can't get over how cute they could look for any time of the year!!!! Great job! Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...