Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge

Happy Monday everyone!  Wasn't last week so much fun???  I hope you were all able to place your orders, or at least add some My Creative Time goodies to your Christmas Wish List  ;) 

Today, I have my entry for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #45 : Run for the Border.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Borders can be simple & sweet, elegantly detailed, masculine or playful . . . and they can be that perfect final touch to add to your project.  We want you to make a run for the border . . . the Cricut border that is.  Create a project of your choice and include a Cricut border cut somewhere on your project.  Be sure to include at least 2 total Cricut cuts on your project. 

Here is my entry:


This was a super quick & easy card to make.  The patterned paper for the card base is from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums paper pad.  The background patterned paper is from the Recollections ~ Bright & Jolly paper pad

The patterned paper for the Christmas Tree is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Christmas mat stack.  And the Christmas Tree is cut from the Ribbons & Rosettes ~ Cricut cartridge

The patterned paper for the bottom border is from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums paper pad.  And the bottom border is cut from the Martha Stewart : Seasonal Cake Art ~ Cricut cartridge.

The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  And it is stamped on a piece cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die.  The ink is Memento ~ Tuxedo Black.


For a little extra something on the tree, I added some very light green pearls from Queen & Co.  I also added various sizes of white ~ Recollections pearls to all the snowflakes on the background paper and to the centers of all the red bows.  The yellow polka dot ribbon is from my stash. 


Well, that's it for today.  Make sure you come back tomorrow.  I will be announcing the winner of my Karate layout giveaway seen here.  Also, the one you've all been waiting for . . . I will be announcing the winner from Friday's ~ My Creative Time Blog Hop . . . and that lucky ducky will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing for the E2 that Emma is giving away on Wednesday.  You don't want to miss it . . . so I will see you here tomorrow!   ;)

Have a great day everyone . . . it's a short week . . . YIPPEE!!!

~Cassandra

6 comments :

Kate said...

Beautiful Card like always Cassandra.

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

This is SUCH a beautiful Christmas card. I love the patterned paper and pearls! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Good luck in the challenge Cassandar, it looks like a winner to me.. i love the little mittens.

Jovan said...

OMG...this is so super cute! I love that border and all the papers you used!

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Creative as always. Love it.
Short week for some...have a great Turkey Day!

DevinTaylorCreations said...

So pretty. Great pattern paper and love the pearls. Perfect touch to any card. HUGZ:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...