Monday, October 17, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Hello everyone!  It's time for my favorite challenge ~  the Throwback Thursday Challenge with Emma over at My Creative Time.  This week is her Sneak Peek Week for her latest product release which will be revealed on Friday, so head on over there to check it out!

The guidelines for this challenge:  Use an older cartridge with a 'Card Feature' on it.  There are lots of cartridges out there today that have 'card features' on them.  Also, your card must be a Halloween theme!!!

Here is my entry:


For the card base, I used the Wrap It Up ~ Cricut cartridge.  I used the card on page 51 with the scalloped bottom.  ** Note, that I used the Gypsy ~ Hide Contour feature to remove the birthday candles that were on this card (as that did not fit the theme).

The orange, black and gray cardstock are from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection (the grid pattern is the reverse side of the polka dots I usually use).  The calendar was created with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.  I used Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink and Technique Tuesday ~ Orange ink.  I also added a couple of little gems with the Imaginisce ~ I-Rock tool.


The flower is cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  And for the center, I added a Making Memories ~ brad.  The super cute little ghosts are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  And they are stamped on little sunbursts shapes that are cut with a die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  I used a white ~ Prismacolor pencil to color in the ghosts and an orange ~ Prismacolor pencil to color in their cute little bows.  I also added some simple little dots to tips of the sunburst shape with a black ~ Zig Writer pen

Now, one more thing.  Today,  I am so super excited, because I learned something new over the weekend.  My new online blogging friend Glora from over at Glora's Crafts was the absolute biggest sweetie ever and she taught me how to heat emboss.  Yippee!!!!  If you want to see how totally cool it can be...check out her awesome banner here.  But for now you can check out my first attempt:


The cute "Ghosts night out..." sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and Stampendous ~ white Embossing Powder along with my new Martha Stewart ~ heat gun.  Not bad for my first attempt don't ya think???  A big huge 'thanks' to Glora for teaching me such a fun new technique.  I can't wait to try it again.  :)

Well, that's it for today.  I will see you back here soon.  I have my next PKS Challenge to show you and a super fun project I have been working on too....can't wait...have a great day!

~Cassandra

9 comments :

Glora said...

YAY, your white embossing looks TERRIFIC!!!! Amazing job! And thanks so much for the sweet comment, I think you are awesome too and I'm glad we've become blogging friends :)! This card is terrific. I just love your clean lines and how you did the repeating ghosts. Your cards are always beautiful! Have a great one! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

This card is so cute! I love the little ghost!

Amy said...

Really cute- love the calendar and fun stamped little ghosts! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Micia said...

super cute card! love your colors and heat embossing. great job! that is one of my "want to learn" techniques I love the look of it but am a little intimidated by it lol.

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Art and Whimsy said...

this is really cute! great color scheme (I never thought of putting gray with orange, but it works) I really like the orange flower too.

snowboundstamper (at) yahoo (dot) com

Kate said...

Another Amazing Card Cassandra. This is just beautiful. Great Job on the embossing. I can never get mine right.

Hugs,
Kate

Trail of Treasures said...

Thanks for stopping by Cassandra! Your card is absolutely adorable! What a perfect date for a ghost's night out hey? ;) Love this cute Halloween card! Now a new follower!

Hugs,
Tracey
www.trailoftreasures.com

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Super cute Halloween card!! Love all the detail and those cute little ghosts.

VICTORIA said...

Love your card Cassandra :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...