Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  Today it's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #62.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card OR layout based on the sketch provided.  Peachy Keen Stamps are not required, but if you've got them we loooooove seeing how you create with them.  Project must include basic elements and layout from the sketch (feel free to flip anything).

Here is the sketch:


Here is my entry:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Wintertime paper collection.  The left side of the blue strip in the background is cut with an EK Success ~ Scalloped Scallop border punch.  At the top of that strip is a scallop piece cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop Die.  The sentiment inside is from the My Creative Time ~ Mixed Holiday Sentiments and is stamped using Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink.  The dark blue square piece is dry embossed with the Divine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug folder.  And if you look closely, her cute little hat is dry embossed with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug folder.


My cute little snow lady is made from some basic circles cut with the George & Basic Shapes ~ Cricut cartridge.  Her little hat is cut from the Snow Friends ~ Cricut cartridge.  Her super cute face is from my newest purchase - the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment stamp set.  I used red and orange Prismacolor pencils for her nose and tongue; also added some rosy pink cheeks with chalk.  For the extra special lady snowman bling, I added some Recollections ~ Pearls for her buttons, necklace and the tip of her hat.  I used real twigs for her arms from my backyard.  And I also added some cotton at the bottom for snow with a little Stardust ~ Stickles for that snowy sparkle. 

She is just so super cute in person...I hope the picture shows it just as much :)  Well, that's it for today.  See you again tomorrow for a brand new challenge site I found this week...you don't want to miss it! 

~Cassandra

6 comments :

Kate said...

This is super cute. Love that you actually added some cotton for the snow. Good Luck on the Challenge.

Hugs,
Kate

Jovan said...

This is so ADORABLE!

Marijo said...

I love this snowman!

Glora said...

Wow, you seriously were in the crafting ZONE this weekend. These are all FABULOUS!!!! This card is perfect. I'm going to have to get that scalloped scallop punch because it looks like it coordinates perfectly with Emma's scalloped circle die. So pretty. The little extras on this make is so perfect. The real twigs and the cotton along the bottom are just right! Hugs- Glora

DoBea A. said...

This is such an amazing card! Definitely makes me want to start working on Holiday cards!!

Annette said...

I really like how you added the dimension with the snow. Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...