Friday, October 21, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ "Let's Face It Friday" Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for the PKS ~ Let's Face It Friday Challenge: Windy.  The details for this challenge:  Swirls of wind remind us of flourishes and whimsy.  Make a project that whips up our imagination!  Don't forget to take your favorite Peachy Keen Faces along for the ride.  Project must be new and must include Peachy Keen Faces.

Here is my entry:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  Obviously, for the "Windy" theme ~ I chose these super fun kites which are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  Also, for a "Windy" feel, I embossed the white background cardstock with the Divine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug folder.  The wonderful sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ This & That stamp set.  And I added colored gems to each of the kite tails with the Imaginisce ~ I-Rock tool.


The super cute faces are of course Peachy Keen Stamps (for the first time ever...I used the super small ones in the assortment packages...they are soooo cute!!!)  The circles for the face are cut with a die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The red and orange faces are from the Everyday Character Face Assortment.  And the yellow face is from the Simple Sallies Face Assortment.


The green and blue faces are from the Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  And the purple face is from the Everyday Character Face Assortment.


I used Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink for all the stamping.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes and some simple chalk for the ladies' cheeks.  I also added pop dots behind the kites for dimension and staggered the kites in an upward diagonal to give it that "up, up & away" feel.  Hopefully it all feels "windy" for you.  This challenge actually had me stumped for a bit, but I like how it all turned out.

Well, that's it for today.  Don't forget to check out Emma's new stamp release over at My Creative Time.  Should be a good one!!!  And, I'm still working on a fun little project, hopefully I will be able to show you soon.  See you then...

~Cassandra

10 comments :

Kate said...

This is absolutely Adorable Cassandra. I love the rainbow colors the pks faces. Everything is just perfect.

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

Cassandra, you know I love your cards like this!!!! This is perfect! I want to go out and fly a kite, right now, but only if it is as cute as one of these! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

OMG...I LOVE THIS! The rainbow kites are jus the cutest!

Laney's Legacy's said...

Such a cute card Kiddo, TFS!

later tater,
Laney

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Cassandra,
I love your rainbow kites card! It's super cute and very appropriate for the "windy" challenge theme! I'm so happy that you created with us at PKS-LFIF this challenge!! ~Heidi

joeygirl86 said...

omg this is soo fun! I LOVE all the bright colors and the happy peachy faces! Thanks for playing with us at PKS Let's Face it Friday, good luck! :)

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

OMGoodness, this is tooo cute!!! Such a fun card!!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
Puppy Hugs!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Cassandra!

I love your card! I love the rainbow colors and how you used Emma's die!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS LFIF challenge!

Ruthie :)

Dorcas said...

This is a beautiful card. I am impressed with what you came up with! Thanks so much for sharing

Kim Score said...

lovely card! love the papers you used

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...