Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cricut Circle Blogiversary

Hello again!  Back for the second post of the day.  What do you think so far???  I hope you have enjoyed everything as much as I did making it all.  Next up is  the Cricut Circle Blogiversary ~ Sketch Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a project of your choice using the sketch below.  Your project must include at least 2 different Cricut Image cuts.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my entry:


The white and black cardstock are from Recollections.  The cardstock for the flower is from Papertrey Ink.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey ~ Ambrosia paper collection.  I hand cut the beautiful butterflies out of one of the pieces in that collection.  It's time consuming, but oh so worth it...aren't they just gorgeous?! 

Ok, with this card I did two new things.  First, the incredible flower is cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge.  It's my first time using this cartridge and OMG...is that just the BEST cartridge EVER!!!  The dimension to the flower is unbelievable!  Here is a closer look:


The second thing I did for the very first time...now don't laugh...I used my new I-Bond Glue Gun.  I have never used a glue gun before.  I know - I know - doesn't every crafter own a glue gun???  Well, I never had.  I got my new little gadget at a local scrapbook store when I was in Las Vegas for the the Cricut Circle Meet-Up.  And now I know just how AWESOME they are!!!  How did I ever craft so long without one??  And let me tell you, using it to put the flower together was a piece of cake.

Well, back to the card...the sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  And it is stamped on an oval cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die with Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink.  The really big brad in the center of the flower is from my stash.  I have a giant baggie full of really big brads that are a collection of all different ones...sorry I can't remember where they came from. 


Also, if you look again closely, I added little gems to the butterfly bodies with my I-Rock tool, as well as in the upper left hand corner of the card.  Also, for the flower, I distressed the edges of all the layers/petals with Colorbox Chalk Ink ~ Dark Brown and Chestnut Roan.  I also crinkled the flower a little and curled up the petals to give it more dimension.

Well, that's it for today.  I hope you are liking everything so far this week.  Wasn't my weekend so productive?  Wait until you see my next 2 contest entries.  See you tomorrow...

~Cassandra

8 comments :

L.B. said...

I love the colors you used on this...they really pop.
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

sandee said...

You hand cut the butterflies?? wow, that had to be a lot of work but they turned out beautiful!

Marijo said...

I love this - just wish I could get my hands on the Flower Shoppe cartridge. Everyone is sold out!

Hrvatica said...

Great card. I love the butterflies. I really need to play with my Flower Shoppe cartridge.

Kate said...

I really love this card so Pretty. The colors you used are very nice.

Hugs,
Kate

Gramjak said...

Really a gorgeous card, Cassandra! You're sending me off to make flowers with Flower Shoppe. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card!

Stephanie said...

Love this card! The colors are beautiful!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is a Beautiful card Cassandra!!! I may have to card-lift this from you! I have the Flower Shoppe Cart, but haven't used it yet!
Puppy Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...