Monday, September 5, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone ~ hope you have been having a great holiday weekend!  I have been super busy this weekend teaching my sister-in-law all about card making.  Took her to my favorite scrapbook store, Michaels and Joanns and showed her all the basics to buy.  It's soooo fun bringing someone into our crazy addiction don't you think???  LOL

Anyway, it's time for the Throwback Thursday Challenge over at My Creative Time.  The details for this challenge:  This is a "Cricutless Challenge"!  Meaning that you are not allowed to use your Cricut, Imagine, E2 or Gypsy.  You are totally allowed to use punches and/or your Cuttlebug.  Create a card using the colors PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN AND BLACK

This is a perfect challenge for Halloween....here is my card:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Happy Halloween collection.  The bow is from Sheer Creations.  And the border at the bottom is the super cool Martha Stewart ~ Drippy Goo punch.



Aren't these soooo cute?!?!?!  They are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The sentiments and images are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  Emma is sooo AWESOME!!!  She designed all of the stamps in this set to go perfectly inside the little circle.  Love it!!!  If you want to check out her stamps and dies ~ click HERE.  Oh - and all of the cute little images I just colored in with my colored pencils.

That's it for today.  Hopefully I will have some time today to do some more creating...so hope to see you back here real soon.  Have a great day off everyone!

~Cassandra

7 comments :

Jill_in_AL said...

I got Emma's Halloween set a few weeks ago and already love, love, love them! Haven't thought of a Throwback design yet but maybe today =) Love your drippy border and the little scallop punch.

Boo to you, J

Glora said...

You totally rocked this!!!! I absolutely LOVE that row of cute sentiments and images! BEAUTIFUL job!!!!! Hugs- Glora

My Creative Time said...

Just like Miss Glora said, "You TOTALLY ROCKED THIS"! I LOVE it!;) Thanks for playing along my sweet friend! I am looking forward to what you are going to do w/the new release next week!;)
Thanks for playing along!
Big HUGE hugs,
Emma;)

Jamie said...

Great job! I love how you laid everything out, and your striped paper is so cute!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Cathryn said...

Love it Cassandra!! Perfect use of the stamps, awesome! Thanks for playing along again!!! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Linda Harris said...

Love it Cassandra!!! You Rock any challenge. Such a creative Mind.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is just adorable! I love that you used so many of the sayings on the same card! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!
liz :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...