Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #40: Glittery Card Sketch Challenge.  The details for this challenge:  This week we want to see your interpretation of the following card sketch.  Please include glitter or bling on your card.  Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut cuts.

Here is the challenge sketch:


Here is my card:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper for the background is from the Authentique ~ Wonder 6x6 paper stack.  The Christmas tree and the star are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge


The rectangle was cut from the George and Basic Shapes ~ Cricut cartridge.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set. 


My cute over-sized ornaments are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop Die.  The inside scallop circle is cut with a Marvy Uchida paper punch.  The cute faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment


I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and a black ~ Zig Writer pen for the pen work.  The ribbons are from my scraps stash.  And for the bling on the star and around the sentiment box - I used yellow ~ Stickles.

I know it's a little early for Christmas, especially here in hot-hot-hot Arizona, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the sketch.  :)

See you back here really soon for lots and lots and lots of fun!!!!!

~Cassandra

5 comments :

L.B. said...

super cute. Those peechy keen faces are so fun!

Linda Harris said...

Super cute Cassandra!!! You always Rock these faces girl.

ChatterScene.com said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Gail said...

beautiful

Hrvatica said...

Adorable. Christmas is what I thought of too when I saw this sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...