Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge

Hello again everyone!  Today it's time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #39: ABC, 1-2-3The guidelines for this challenge:  This week our challenge is inspired by all the kiddos heading back to school.  It is a recipe challenge of sorts based on ABC, 123.  Please include (A) Pop of (B)right (C)olor on your page, as well as 1 of something, 2 of something, and 3 of something.  Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut cuts.

Here is my entry:  It has lots of bright color, because I am one of those people who doesn't have one favorite color LOL...I like the whole rainbow!  Its has a 1-word sentiment.  It has 2-Cricut flower cuts (both the outside flower and the inside center flower).  And it has 3 different patterned papers ~ polka dots, stripes, and squares.


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is Doodlebug Designs ~ Petite Prints (can you tell it's my favorite LOL - I use it all the time).  All of the flowers are cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  The outside flower with all the petals is flower #8.  And the inside scallop flower is flower #14. 



The super adorable flower faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment, Simple Sallies Face Assortment & Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  I used a black ~ Zig Writer pen for some dots around the edges and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes.


The sentiment is from the Technique Tuesday ~ Thanks For Everything stamp set.  I colored it in using some simple colored pencils.  And underneath is a simple gingham ribbon from my stash.


Here is a side view of the card.  For dimension I used some pop dots.  And I also bent up all the flower petals.

That's it for today.  Come back later this week, I have another cute Thank You card...a different take on this same style.  See you soon!

~Cassandra

3 comments :

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE!!!! Those are all some of favorite PK faces and I'll say it again, I really need to look into getting those petite prints patterned paper because I love it! Yet, another beautiful creation! Hugs- Glora

Scrappin with the bug said...

So cute. I love the PK faces great idea and thanks for sharing. This just brightened my day.

RockinRenee said...

So bright and cheery! I love the colors and all the faces! Good luck in the contest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...