Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for another Let's Face It Friday Challenge.  This week's theme ~ "So Punny"  Here are the guidelines:  Puns are fun, and even more perfect when paired with Peachy Keen Faces!  This week, create a project using your PKS faces along with any pun you'd like.  

Here is my entry:


The kraft cardstock is from Joann's.  The solid colored cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from the SEI ~ Granny's Kitchen collection.  The bumble bee and the beehive are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The adorable face is from PKS ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  The small scalloped circles are cut with a Marvy Uchida punch.  And the larger scalloped circle is cut with an EK Success Paper Shapers punch.  I also did a little penwork with a white ~Sakura Gelly Roll pen and a black ~ Zig Writer pen.  And last but not least....I used a little Star Dust ~ Stickles on the bee's wings and the heart on top of the beehive.

For the "punny" sentiment, I used My Pink Stamper's ~ Buggy Punnies stamp set.  **One little tip - if you have this stamp set, then you know the sentiment is actually a two line sentiment.  In order to make it fit into my scalloped circle - I taped off the stamp and only stamped one word at a time.  It took some extra time, but it allowed me to use it in a way that fit my project better.  Keep that in mind the next time you take a look at your stamps.  :)

That's it for now.  See you later this week.

~Cassandra

4 comments :

Mary said...

Adorable card!

Jill_in_AL said...

such a cute card! I love the punches on the left side--can't ever stop loving punches I guess.

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE! Beautiful job on this card! The details are all just right! Hugs- Glora

Glenda Joy said...

Great colors and patterns! The pen stitching rocks, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...