Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cricut 360 Challenge Blog

Hello everyone!  I found another great challenge blog.  It is called Cricut 360.  It looks like they have a challenge every week that's posted on Fridays.  The challenge for this week is: Cricut 360 ~ Challenge #5: Transportation - Many people travel in the month of August, with that in mind make a card or layout.  Must include any Cricut or Imagine cartridge. 

Here is my entry:

 

So I decided to use the Hello Kitty Greetings ~ Cricut cartridge for this super cute Hello Kitty flying the airplane.  Unfortunately, when I went back to the blog to post my entry - I noticed that a bunch of other people also picked this very same image :(  oh well....I still think she's super cute!  (Aww man.....just went to go post this again and someone else made almost the exact same design...double bummer.  I guess great minds think alike LOL)

The cardstock is from Recollections.  The clouds are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge and I used the Divine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug folder to emboss them.  I did a little stitching around different plane parts with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen

One little note of interest...In order to get my plane flying in the direction I wanted...I used my Gypsy to reverse the image.  Make sure when you do this that you remember to flip all the layers too.


The ribbon for her bow is from Celebrate It ~ Basic Narrows.  I also added some Fruit Punch ~ Stickles to her scarf and shirt, as well as a bit on the propeller.



For the sentiment on the banner flying behind the plane, I just used my computer to print out something fun.  And the banner is cut from the Graphically Speaking ~ Cricut cartridge.

That's it - not too complicated, but lots of fun!  See you back here really soon for some more fun challenges.  Until then...have a great day!


~Cassandra

6 comments :

Lisa said...

love your clouds behind this adorable hello kitty!

L.B. said...

Very fun. Love the clouds.

Jovan said...

Great card! I love all the details!

Sonia said...

Lovely card... great take on the challenge....Thanks for playing along at Cricut 360ยบ...HUGS...SK :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Very cute!!! Love the embossing on the clouds! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Sweet card! Love all your details, especially the embossed clouds!

Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360° … hope to see you next week, too!



Jo
idratherbemakingcards.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...