Monday, June 13, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Hello everyone!  It's time again for another Throwback Thursday Challenge with Emma over at My Creative Time.  The rules for this challenge:  Use any Cricut Lite cartridge of your choice and incorporate some Bling somewhere on your project (eg-stickles, rhinestones, glossy accents, glitter, etc).

Usually I try to make fun & cheerful cards for this challenge, but today I need a Sympathy card - which is always tough to make, so it was good to use the challenge for inspiration.  Here is my entry:


All of the cardstock are from Recollections.  The background frame is cut from the Lacy Labels ~ Cricut Lite cartridge.  The flowers are cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  The cross is cut from the Easter 2010 ~ Cricut cartridge.  The scalloped circle is cut with a Marvy Uchida punch.  And the sentiment is from the Technique Tuesday ~ Simply Stated stamp set.


The pearls in the centers of the flowers are from Recollections.  I used a brown ~ Zig Writer pen to add some dots around the sentiment on the scalloped circle.  I used some small pop dots underneath the frame to add some dimension.  I covered the cross with Star Dust ~ Stickles and used large pop dots under the cross to help make it stand out and be the focal point of the card.

Sympathy Cards can be hard to make sometimes....I try to make them simple, peaceful and beautiful in order to let the message of love & support shine through.  I hope you never have to make one, but in case you do ~ I hope this gives you some design inspiration.  Until next time...

~Cassandra

1 comment :

Ruthie said...

Hi Cassandra!

What a beautiful sympathy card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Ruthie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...