Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ok...One More Challenge...

I couldn't help it! LOL  I just love the challenges over at Peachy Keen Stamps!  This time it's the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #53 - with a twist!  The rules: Create a card based on the layout and twist provided (PKS are not required, but if you got 'em - we always love to see what you create with them).  A picture of the sketch is below and the twist this time is that you must use a sponging technique.


I have a friend who is having a baby shower in a couple of weekends, so this is the card I created based on the sketch & twist:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  And the beautiful embossed and sparkly background cardstock is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Warm Spectrums paper pack.  The flowers are cut from the All Occasions Cake Art ~ Cricut cartridge.  The flourish is cut from the Cake Basics ~ Cricut cartridge.


The super cute teddy bear rattle is cut from the Baby Steps ~ Cricut cartridge.  ** Note that I used my Gypsy to remove the bear's face.  Then I stamped the cute teddy bear face using the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  I used some Fruit Punch ~ Stickles on the bow and handle for some extra sparkle.  Added some cute cheeks with pink & red chalk.  Then added some stitching around the edges with a brown ~ Zig Writer pen and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen


For the sponging technique - I used a brown ~ Color Box cat's eye sponge ink and added the color around both flowers and the cloud.  The cloud was cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's ~ Sweet Baby stamp set.  I did some more stitching on the flourish and around the edges of the card with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


To give the card a little extra dimension I used pop dots behind the rattle and curled up the edges of both flowers.

Well that's it....another Challenge entry completed.  Have you entered one yet ?!?!?!?  Well, get going...you can do it!!!

Until next time...

~Cassandra

2 comments :

Mary said...

Amazing card! The sponging around the cloud and flowers really make them pop. TFS

Janice W. said...

This is so adorable! I love that rattle! Fabulous job with the PK challenge! Thanks for playing and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...