Sunday, May 15, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge!

It's that time again....time for the Throwback Thursday Challenge with Emma at My Creative Time.  For this challenge we are to use the Doodlecharms ~ Cricut cartridge and also incorporate the color blue somewhere on the project.  Here is my entry...



The card base is Kraft cardstock from Joann's.  The beautiful blue patterned paper in the background is from My Mind's Eye ~ Simply Delightful paper pack .  The basket is cut from the Doodlecharms ~ Cricut cartridge.  I did a little distressing with a brown Color Box cat's eye ink and also added a few brads from my stash. 

All the flowers are cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  For the flower on the left - the patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View - Nana's Nursery ~ Baby Boy paper pack; and the face is from Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everday Character Face Asst.  For the flower in the center - the patterned paper is from Me and My Big Ideas ~ value pack paper pad; and the face is from Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Asst.  And for the flower on the right - the solid paper is from KI Memories ~ Classic Prints paper pack; and the face is from Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies Face Asst. 

The sentiment I printed out on my computer and punched it out with a scallop circle punch from EK Success; the solid/patterned paper is the same as two of the flowers.  To make things pop just a little bit, I did stitching with both black and white pens.  I also added some chalk for the cheeks.  And I bent the flower petals up to give it some dimension.

Well, that's it for today.  Stayed tuned...this week I will have several cards celebrating Graduation time!  See you then...
~Cassandra

11 comments :

Cindy said...

Oh my...this card is too cute! I love the adorable flowers!! Love the distressing!!

GiGi said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the basket and the cute faces on the flowers!

Maria said...

This is so cute! Love the dimension of the flowers and the cute faces.

Cathryn said...

Just Adorable!!! I love the colors and the peachy faces look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindy said...

This is sooo ADORABLE!Great job with your flowers,They are sooo CUTE!!And super colours! :)

girlia said...

I really love this. So adorable and the faces are just too cute

Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Don't cha just love those PKS stamps. They bring our crafts to life. Love your card for this challenge. Will check back more often as I've become a new follower. Smooches... Felicia at scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

I love it! This came out so super cute!

Cre8tiveVet said...

your card is so pretty! Great job!
Cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Ulysses' mama said...

How cute!!

Glora said...

Holy moly this is PERFECT and absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I can't get over that perfect use of the Doodlecharms basket. You did it up just right and the patterned paper on the flowers are just the right touch. Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...