Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Monthly Challenge

Time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ May Monthly Challenge: Tic-Tac-Toe

First of all, I want to thank one of the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Design Team members:  Juliana Michaels.  She made the most amazing Spring Wreath and did a wonderful video tutorial on how to make the flowers she used.  THANK YOU JULIANA for teaching me something new.  It is from your inspiration that I have created my project.

By now many of you know that back in March my BFF's father died.  We had a memorial service for him here in Phoenix, but in a few weeks we are going to San Diego for his burial service at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetary.   I made this to give to her mother after the service.  I've never made flowers before...but she loves "lumpy and bumpy"...so I really hope she likes it.  This was their engagement photo from back in the 60s....isn't it gorgeous?!?!


 
Now, onto the Cricut Circle Blog ~ May Monthly Challenge: Tic-Tac-Toe


The Challenge:  Create a project of your choice using the Tic-Tac-Toe board above to choose THREE challenge prompts in a row.  The project must include at least TWO different Cricut Image Cuts.

For the Challenge ~ I decided to use the bottom row of the Tic-Tac-Toe board:

   1.  Use a cut of a flower shape
   2.  Use a Cuttlebug Embossing folder
   3.  Any patterned paper must be printed with the Imagine

All of the flowers for this project are cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  There are a total of 6 different flowers altogether. 
  

The largest rose (in the bottom left corner is cut from regular white cardstock and spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ color: wheatfield.  The medium size roses are also cut from regular white cardstock and spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ color: old lace.  The two large daisies are printed from the Lori's Garden ~ Imagine cartridge and the edges are lightly distressed with Color Box Chalk Ink ~ color: chestnut roan.  The medium white flowers are cut from regular white cardstock and embossed with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The medium and small pink flowers are all printed from the Elise ~ Imagine cartridge and the edges are lightly distressed with chestnut roan ink.  The small offwhite flowers are printed from the Imagine More ~ Imagine cartridge and the edges are lightly distressed with chestnut roan ink.  The third kind of small flower is simply cut from a cream colored cardstock. 


All of the leaves are printed from the Lori's Garden ~ Imagine cartridge and cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  And a few of the leaves are also embossed with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug embossing folder.

All three butterflies are cut from the Cake Basics ~ Cricut cartridge.  The two white butterflies are cut from a beautiful white glitter paper from the Die Cuts With A View ~ La Creme' Cardstock paper pack.  And the third butterfly is cut from a soft metallic gold cardstock from the same collection. 

All of the pearl accents for the flowers and butterflies are from Recollections.  And the gems are from Doodlebug Design.


Ok, now my favorite part ~ in the upper right hand corner in the center of the 3 flowers are numeric brads from Making Memories.  This was always his special little message to her:  1 - 4 - 3  ~   I - LOVE - YOU.  Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?!?!

One last thing, the light brown mat behind the photo is cut from my new all time favorite Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  I added some stiching with my white Sakura Gelly Roll pen to help the light brown mat stand out from the darker brown background.



Well....that's my project.  I have been working on it for the past 3 weekends and it has truly been a labor of love.  Sandi...I hope you love it just as much as I do.  I think it's my most favorite project I have ever created.  Love you!!!

Stay tuned for next week everyone....in honor of the upcoming Memorial Day ~ I plan to share some of my Support Our Troops cards I have made in the past.  Until then.....

~Cassandra

8 comments :

Tanya said...

Oh my...this is just stunning! What a wonderful gift for your friend and what a spectacular way to display a great photo. I sure this is a gift that will be treasured for years to come..just lovely.

Rita said...

It's beautiful!

dlmbscrapping said...

Absolutely beautiful-

Heather said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love everything about it! So many details!!

craftaholic said...

Hi Cassandra!!
Your project is super Pretty! How sweet of you to do this for your friend Sandy!! I am a new follower and Is this a new blog? Very Nice!! I am looking forward to my Washington state charm...I hope you got my Snail Mail...

Rexann♥
ibecircled.blogspot.com

elwalten said...

I am truly inspired by your talent,thoughtfulness and love. Thanks for being the BESTEST BFF EVER. :)

Brenda said...

Very beautiful!!

dlmbscrapping said...

Beautiful- I am sure she will treasure it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...