Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge

Weekly Challenge #29 :  Handmade Flower Challenge

Hello everyone!  This week on the Cricut Circle Blog - the Challenge is to "handcraft a flower using your Cricut and/or Cuttlebug machine and use it on your project."  This was perfect timing for me as I needed to make this wedding card for a friend of mine.


The brown cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  The shimmery gold cardstock (which is a little hard to see in my picture) is from DCWV - Le Creme paperstack.  The border punch is EK Success ~ Dotted Scallop

The wedding cake I made by cutting two rectangles and stacking them one on top of the other.  I rounded the top two corners of each layer with my corner rounder for the softer look. And then I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to give them some texture.

There are 3 kinds of flowers on this cake.  The 3 large white flowers on the bottom layer are from the Mother's Day Boquet ~ Cricut cartridge, with a pearl accented mini flower sticker (from Michaels) added in the middle.  The other 2 large flowers in the bottom layer are from the Martha Stewart  All Occasions Cake Art ~ Cricut cartridge (I cut the flourishes off the sides to only leave the flower), I also used some Stickles to give them some bling and added the pearl accented mini flower to these as well.  On the top layer of the cake I cut the same large white flowers (but in a smaller size) and then added 3 pearl accented mini flower stickers.

For the cake topper, I cut the most beautiful wedding couple from the  Sweethearts ~ Cricut cartridge.   And off to the left you can see the sweet sentiment of "Together Forever" which is from the My Pink Stamper ~ Love-alicious stamp set.

It's a fairly quick and simple card.  Hope you like it :)

Until next time...
~Cassandra

7 comments :

Missie said...

Great Card!

Debby said...

Very pretty and elegant. This is a card I would be proud to give to someone.

L.B. said...

Beautiful..congrats on the win!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card! You did a wonderful job. I'm now a follower.

Kris said...

Cassandra! I loved the card and never even noticed it was you until today! Great job, and fabulous card...Congrats! Following you now...

Sheri said...

Congrats! It's a lovely card!!

Scrapper69 said...

This is so pretty! :o)
Theresa
www.miislucky.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...