Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back from CKC-Mesa.....

and boy am I pooped !  LOL  Well, another great CKC convention is over :(  I did most of this one on my own as my sister wasn't able to come home this time and my BFF had a wedding she was in.  We had a great time at the Cricut Circle Meet-Up during the crop on Friday night.  Here is a picture of the amazing centerpieces that the Cricut Design Team made:


Isn't it AWESOME?!?!?!  The best part.....I won one that I got to take home...YIPPEE!!!!

Another one of my favorites was this totally cute box that JannaB (aka QueenB) made to hold her calling cards in:



Next up....here are some pictures of the little Easter treat baskets I made for the gals at the Meet-Up:



The fence box and the dark green grass are from the Wrap It Up ~ Cricut cartridge.  The lite green grass is from the Martha Stewart - All Occasions Cake Art ~ Cricut cartridge.  The handle for the basket I made on my own by just cutting a strip of cardstock and adding some Easter ribbon to it.  The cute little bunny and chick are from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The stamped faces are of course Peachy Keen Stamps - Critter Faces set.  And if you look closely, you can see that I chalked some cheeks on both the bunny and the chick; and also did a little stitching around the edges to make them stand out more.  The best part of course....the chocolate candy inside...a must for any scrapbooking event.  :)

Now, for the best part of the night.....and I think you need to sit down for this one LOL.  For those of you who are Cricut addicts like myself...you have most definitely heard of "the Golden Cricut" right?!?  Well, one of our Arizona Circlettes ~ Janet ~ actually has one.....and she brought it to the Meet-Up....don't believe me???  Here's proof.....it does exist!



Look at that beauty....isn't she sparkly???? 

Well, that's it for the Cricut Circle Meet-Up...we had a great time...can't wait to do it again.

As far as the convention itself, well let's just say I was introduced to the world of Copic markers.  Yes....I know...oh dear!!!  I took 3 classes on Copic markers and then promptly bought a whole slew of them.  Stay tuned...I hope to post some projects as soon as I get the hang of it.

Well, that's it for now.  My schedule has finally lightened up a bit, so I hope to get back to crafting and sharing my creations again.

Until then....
~Cassandra

3 comments :

Laney said...

It was a GREAT time and enjoyed getting to hang out with you and of course all the other Circle gals! Thanks so much for the cute Easter baskets. You are amazing as always! Good too see old Circle friends and meet new ones. Have fun with your Copic markers, you will have to teach all us Circle gals how to use them

Later Tater,
Laney

Missie said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun! I wish I could have been there with you! Miss you!

Scrapper69 said...

Love all the projects! And such a pretty Golden E!!!! :o)
Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...