Thursday, March 3, 2011

R.I.P.

Rest In Peace ~ Mr. James Walton ~ March 3, 2011

Here's the card I made for my best friend's mother:



The vase is from the Potpourri Basket cartridge.  The cross is from the Easter 2010 cartridge ~ which I covered in Star Dust Stickles to make its beauty sparkle.  To make the lilies ~ for the flower itself I used the Sweet Treats cartridge and cut out the flame to the birthday candle.  I then folded the sides in toward the center and glued those down.  At the base of the flower is a heart from the George cartridge just folded around the bottom.  I then added a simple green strip for a stem and also cut out a simple yellow piece for that thingy inside the flower.  The ribbon is from Michaels.  The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  And the edges of the white cardstock I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.  The words on the inside I came up with myself (hope they sound ok).

I know we usually always post the cheery good stuff...but today I lost someone special to me and my family and I wanted to share this with you as a reminder of what a wonderful hobby this is to help us cope in good times and in bad.

Until next time...
~Cassandra

3 comments :

JaniceA said...

It is just perfect. Your words are perfect. I felt the Love you were giving and that is the reason for the card. Visit me on my blog sometime janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Sonya said...

Your card is just beautiful.

Missie said...

Cassandra, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that your friend, her family, and you can all find some peace in the fact that Mr Walton will no longer be suffering. You made a beautiful card, and I'm sure it will be very much appriciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...