Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a Stampede !!!!

Well the time is finally here...this weekend is the Cricut Stampede in Texas.  So, often times when you go to a weekend retreat like this and you stay at the hotel, many of the ladies (myself included - hee hee) get a little crazy and decorate their hotel room doors.  Here are some pics of what I plan to put on my door for the door decorating contest:


In Phoenix, AZ...we have our own little western town/tourist attraction called "Rawhide"...well, this is my little Cricut version.  Here are some close up pics:




All of the cuts in these 3 pictures are from the Old West Cricut cartridge.  To make the character really stand out, I used chalks to give it that old distressed look.





The super cute boy and girl Cuttlebugs are from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  I added some stickles to the boy's handkerchief and and sweet little flower for the girl.  I also added a cute little ribbon to the tail of the girl's horse.  And once again...I love my googlie eyes.



Some other little notables:  The sun is from the Life Is A Beach cartridge...I used the Hide Contour feature on my Gypsy to remove the face on the sun and added both yellow and bronze stickles to make it shine.  I put a brad in the middle of the wagon wheel, as well as one for the door handle of the bunkhouse.  There is a little bit of jute that looks like real rope on the hitching post.  And in case you didn't see it.....I put a picture of me looking thru the window of the bunkhouse.

I'm not taking my computer with me to Texas, so I will post pics of my hotel room door when I get back.

Stay tuned.  In my next post, I will show you the cute little treat bags I made to give away at the Stampede.

~Cassandra

2 comments :

L.B. said...

I know you are all going to have such a great time. Can not wait to see photos

C.P. said...

I love your projects! I have left you an award on my blog www.Cricutydoodah.blogspot.com, come by and pick it up! 8)
Claire(CP in the circle)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...