Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ha"bee" Birthday!

Hello again everyone!  Today I have a fun little birthday card to share with you.



The cute little bee is from the Create A Critter - Cricut cartridge.  The white cardstock behind the bee is embossed with the Cuttlebug - Divine Swirls folder.  The patterned paper is from SEI's - Granny's Kitchen.  The stamped sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  The flower is from my stash.  And the heart brad in the center of the flower is from Making Memories.  Oh...and the cute little bee's face is of course stamped with Peachy Keen Stamps - Critter Faces set. 

In order to make the bee stand out better, I did a little stitching around the bee with both a black and a white pen.  It may seem tedious, but the little details make all the difference.  I learned this from both Nikki at Scrappin' Navy Wife and Emma at My Creative Time.  They do tons of stitching and I think it finishes off each project very nicely....just gives it that extra little something.

Well, that's it for today.  See you next time.
~Cassandra

4 comments :

Sonya said...

Your card is adorable...I'm a new follower!!

Liza Henderson said...

I am so happy you have a blog now!! I knew you were amazing when I saw your stuff in SLC!
I wanted to let you know that I have an award for you over on my blog, please go check it out!

Liza
www.hooscrafty.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo cute,love it!

QuiltFrog said...

Cassandra, It looks like Liza and I have been on the wavelength, as I too have awarded you the stylish blogger award.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...