Friday, February 25, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Monthly Challenge

Phew!  I am finally done with this project.  Ever have one of those days where you keep running out of everything while you are working on a project.....grrr!  LOL  Well anyway, here it is....my banner for the Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge - I'm also going to use it to decorate my table at the Dallas Stampede!


The brown and rust banner backgrounds are cut from the Martha Stewart - All Occasions Cake Art cartridge, as is the large off white doily shape. 

The next layer is an accordian flower (or at least that's what I'm calling it LOL).  It's a hot new technique that I have been seeing everywhere.  And thanks to the gals on the Cricut Circle Message Board....I think they turned out great.  (It's incredibly simple...try it out!) 

Next, I spelled out my name with the cute Cricut heads font from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  I backed the Cricut heads with a simple brown circle from the George cartridge.  And then to make the letters pop....I cut them out again with brown glitter paper from Michaels (to do this...I used the hide contour feature on my gypsy to remove the cricut head and only cut out the letters).  I added a little white stiching around the cricut heads, as well as a couple of gems to the antennas.





At the top of the banner, I added three Cricuts - also cut from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  To make them even cuter, I added googlie eyes and cowboy hats cut from the same glitter paper as the letters.  Too cute!!!

And as a final touch, at the bottom of the banner, I added some suns and cacti.  The suns are from the Life is a Beach cartridge and they are Stickled of course for extra sparkle.  The cacti are from the Old West cartridge and they are highlighted with a little bit of chalk.

Oh....and I used real rope to string all the banner tiles together...how cool is that?!

I sure hope the pictures are good enough, because it's SUPER CUTE in person (if I do say so myself ~ LOL).

Have a great weekend y'all!
~Cassandra

4 comments :

cdm317 said...

Just checking out the Circle challenge projects. I think your banner is my favorite!

Laney said...

Love your banner, Have a great time in Dallas! Had to become a follower of your blog.

Later Tater,
Laney

Kymberlee said...

That is ADORABLE! You did a great job!

JaniceA said...

Love it! Hope you have fun in Dallas!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...